MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Unnamed Lake Fishing Report

8/22/17 @ 10:52 PM
INITIAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Here's a place to post a report, but not name the lake. So, honest reports please...but no need to mention the lake/location. Anybody have a really good day fishing of late? 

Displaying 16 to 26 of 26 posts
8/24/17 @ 9:04 PM
og tower
User since 8/26/12
Went out after a few days of heavy rain that brought high water levels and low clarity on the river. Caught my first respectable eye that didn't require me to drive over 30 min away. From shore below the dam, deep diving and rattling shad rap in crawdad color. Brought it in with a few twitches and gave a long pause at the end which enticed a 17 incher to grab it. Though that was my only fish in 3 hours of fishing it was a success to me.
8/24/17 @ 8:45 PM
broz.
broz.
User since 6/22/01

Very nice post everyone having fun is what it is all about thank for the nice read, Stay on top broz.

8/24/17 @ 10:58 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

I had sort of a weird day yesterday....current was strong and it was windy so snuck around a point and tied up to a tree. Carp were milling around next to shore but gave it a try anyway...17 gills, 4 walleyes, 4 sheepshead, one channel cat, and one 15 1/2 inch smallie....plus a muskrat swam right past the boat towards shore and the carp were bumping it from underneath all the way....actually that was sort of funny to watch..where is a camera when one needs it....in my pocket of course ;)

8/24/17 @ 7:47 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I fish a lake in southern wisconsin that only seems to hold fish for a short time period.  It's attached to a relatively large sized lake, about 3,000 acres, but the lake I fish is only about 80 acres in size and is 3 feet throughout most of it.  One day while trying to find the bluegills they weren't in their usual spots but we noticed a bunch of fish surfacing so we started throwing topwater baits.  I lost count at how many bass and northern I caught that day, but it was a blast!  Eventually we found some bluegills and they were real nice sized, but I'll never forget the topwater action that day!
8/22/17 @ 11:05 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Fished a lake in Vilas I've fished 100 times. My buddy was with me on Sunday night. 7 to 8 o clock. It's a good fishing lake, but Sunday night around dusk was just a special period where the fish were way more active than usual.

He caught two quality crappies. A nice LMB, a nice SMB, a nice walleye, and 2 smaller LMB in that one hour. He even had 3 fish in 3 casts at one point. Never seen the lake like that, so something special was going on with the fish. I was fishing a Mini-Mite so targeting panfish. Caught 7 our so...mostly small to mid size, but did have a nice rock bass and one of the blue gills was the biggest I ever caught on that lake. Wonder if the pre eclipse period had something to do with it. Who knows? 

Displaying 16 to 26 of 26 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE