SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Spring conservation congress elections

3/25/17 @ 4:55 PM
INITIAL POST
Joshuatreewi
User since 6/15/01

I know I posted this in the general hunting forums but this is important for ALL sports people.

Just a heads up the elections for the conservation congress are coming up. I just saw a post from a young lady named Sara Lou on Facebook's riverwest page saying she is running for a seat. She is anti hunting and only worried about certain environmental issues, she completely ignorant of the true purpose of the congress. Her name will be on the ballot at West Allis Central high school April 10th at 6:30pm. I will try to show up to vote against her, I'm giving the true sports people of Wisconsin a heads up to keep ignorant environmentalists off the congress.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
4/12/17 @ 8:32 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Ok, and to be clear,  I'm pro conservation of our natural resources... and appreciate discussion vs condemnation...  

4/10/17 @ 7:56 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Those studies scientific or more word of mouth.. took a peek at one of manni's, the comment  , paraphrased,  went something like  " ...and the river never went dry before...as far as anyone knows..", not sure that qualifies as a scientific fact

4/10/17 @ 7:04 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

That's all well and good but said studies were done and peer reviewed since last year when this similar legislation failed.

This is just another case of donors being rewarded by short-sighted and foolish lawmakers. The damage will only get worse before the upcoming studies not-so-surprisingly will show things the growers don't want us to see.

Sad.

Tim

4/10/17 @ 1:23 PM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10

Everyone except key members of the legislature recognize that high capcity wells are bad news for central sands streams, and fish. 

This is a big deal for fisherman. This could be a win win if the DNR has periodic review, and cumulative impact study authority. 

Fishermen, and farmers can get along just fine if we work together for all our interests.

4/9/17 @ 11:21 PM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10

Sara Lou was on the radio again, you can hear her commentary, and opinions at the following link:

http://www.riverwestradio.com/show/broadcast/

Saras statements about the Conservation Congress, and her objectives begin at minute 1120, they get interesting at minute mark 1348, and run through minute mark 2900. Sandhill Crane guys might want to take interest in the comments following minute mark 2415.

Show up to vote, or this could be your future. 

4/3/17 @ 10:12 AM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10

We're one week out. Tell alk your fishig, and hunting buddies to get out to the spring hearings.

3/29/17 @ 6:09 PM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10

Sara Lou ran last year, andonly lost because the crowd was hunter strong. Sara has ran before, she will run again. She is building support. Hunters, anglers, trappers, and shooters show up, or Sara is your future.

https://m.facebook.com/saralouu?ref=content_filter

3/28/17 @ 4:53 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

650,000 hunters, more fisherman than that, 4000 - 7000 people attend the meeting, sad, so very sad.

3/27/17 @ 10:04 AM
pool 9 cathunter
User since 9/23/14

Maybe if it wasn't held on a Monday night more people would show up...

3/27/17 @ 9:28 AM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Meeting are April 10th at 7PM in your respective county of residence. You need to be registered by 6:45 or you don't get to vote for new members. As said it is important we all show and don't assume the rest of us will be there. Each year depending on topics I see less participation from the outdoor community, yet we still manage big license sales. The gift this state gives the outdoor sporting community needs to be represented by each and everyone in every county.

3/27/17 @ 9:10 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

And the same goes for Waukesha County.  Every year the same woman shows up to run and each year she brings more followers.  You guys don't think the anti's can get control?  Anti's already hold several seats right now.  So go to the hearings for oyur county, cast your vote, and leave if you want.  Won't take you more than an hour.

Couple years back this woman submitted a measure that would ban the use of dogs for hunting due to, "vicious dogs running loose in the woods and terrorizing hikers and bird watchers..."

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE