Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01

Please discuss the fish die off here.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 112 posts
5/10/18 @ 7:06 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
On a more serious note as regards our fish....Even if a full tanker truck of Round-Up tipped over it shouldn’t affect the entire lake system. This is something else. I still trust Ryan Koenigs and his ability to figure stuff out. I haven’t met him yet. I will at some point. 
5/10/18 @ 6:54 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
And being relegated to the kids’ table still has me rolling. I can hardly tap!!! Ahahahahaha
5/10/18 @ 6:50 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
And we woudn’t throw each other overboard. That is a darn good day for us both, heh, heh. Message me if you care to. 
5/10/18 @ 6:45 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
mother-ducker is a man I could spend a boat day with. Just sayin’.
5/10/18 @ 6:38 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
I’m keeping & will use that one. Priceless!!
5/10/18 @ 6:24 AM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01

Ahaahahahaha!! I love it!!

“I'm not pointing fingers or saying the crazy pantsuit lady is pissed we turned WI red but something ain't right.”

5/9/18 @ 8:48 PM
mother-ducker
User since 1/16/09

Now look we have all been relegated to the kids table on fricken lake link for reporting observations and opinions!! I am curious if anyone knows about any spraying for phragmites that may have been done this spring, because if I'm not mistaken (and I very well could be) something similar happened on Green Bay two years ago but not to this extent. Info I have been able to dig up says they put out a bid for spraying this year but unsure of the timing. Glyphosate (round up) and Imapzyr are two common chemicals they use. The latter has a half life of 3-8 days in the water, but can leach from treated soil (or marsh) since it doesn't bind to sediment so you could see effects longer. It is supposed to be safe for aquatic use. I'm not pointing fingers or saying the crazy pantsuit lady is pissed we turned WI red but something ain't right. 

5/9/18 @ 8:26 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
Since my observations of lake conditions are relegated to be here.....quality and healthy crappies are in Fondy harbor. Fish Report. 
5/9/18 @ 7:45 PM
Texaseye
Texaseye
User since 8/15/12

The fish report side is all about "slamming" the fish and "good eaters". I was the one that posted about the dead ducks, no way in hell would I fish/swim in this lake right now.

5/9/18 @ 2:01 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Even the walleyes are biting like crazy to get out of that water, or they see your bait as their last meal. I wouldn’t eat any fish from the Winnebago system until the DNR identifies the cause of this die off and even then I may be somewhat skeptical.

5/9/18 @ 11:16 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

Out on the dock last night and saw my first sturgeon that was dead.  Could be from what all the other fish are being killed from or something else.  Looked to be dead for 3-7 days.  Big fish too. 

5/9/18 @ 9:45 AM
SpikeRoberts
User since 1/22/18

smh

5/9/18 @ 9:24 AM
Peterskeeter
User since 2/6/11

Fishing again yesterday. Still seeing many dying fish. Water temps continue to raise, way out of the VHS thriving zone. Not a Seagull, Pelican, or Crane to be seen. Noticeably few ducks noted as well. All this free fresh food, and none of the fish eaters anywhere? A sky rat will even eat a dead VHS fish! Most people aren't even keeping the catfish until they know what's in this water. Talked to many 'old timers' and most have seen impressive fish kills but, none have seen a fish kill like this in their life time. Not one buys the VHS story either. Seen many past VHS kills and the walleye and catfish would have signs of VHS. Of the 40 or so cats and 25 or so walleye caught by everyone in the past 3 days, none showed any sign of it. 

5/8/18 @ 9:39 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
From what I’ve seen...part of the loss is VHS. The other is something else. Either way, it will all just cycle thru. 
5/8/18 @ 9:31 PM
Stitzo
User since 6/15/01
My nephnew & his dad still don’t forgive me for saying “No” to mounting a 39.75 nort the last time VHS hit us.I  suggested a replica. They wanted the “real fish”. Well, even the best taxidermists I’m aware of can’t fix fish leprosy. 
Displaying 76 to 90 of 112 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE