SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

brown trout taxidermist

4/18/19 @ 4:57 PM
INITIAL POST
muskymstr62
PRO MEMBER User since 3/10/02

I was wondering who can do a good Brown Trout from lake Michigan. I live in the Menomonee falls Area. Looking for a local Taxidermist in the area. I was hoping for some good references.

Thank you

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
5/9/19 @ 9:09 AM
RodBend
RodBend'r
User since 5/19/04

How about a lake trout taxidermist in Wisconsin/UP?  I'd like to see some pictures of past work done.  I caught a nice splake a few weeks back north of Marinette.  Looking to get a skin mount done with it.  Its a beautiful fish and I'd like the mount to look it too.   I talked with Mark at Second Nature.  He's on vacation till mid June and can't send me any pictures of his work till then. (couple pic's on his website do look nice though) Nice guy to chat with...  very informative.  I've looked at a couple of guys work mentioned below and don't see much on the Char species.   Browns look nice though. 

Thanks 

5/8/19 @ 4:49 PM
Grey Beard
User since 1/27/02

Many yrs ago a WI DNR biologists recommended Twin River Taxidermy Two Rivers. I have 4 of his mounts including a brown. Lake Trout is the most difficult due to all the oil. It still looks the same as when I picked it up in 1997!

https://www.facebook.com/twinriverstaxidermy/

Grey Beard

5/8/19 @ 1:28 PM
madcelt
User since 3/13/02
Dan Johnson Taxidermy in Oconomowoc.  He did a steelhead and laketrout for me and they turned out awesome.  Also not cheap but you pay for quality.
5/7/19 @ 10:33 AM
muskymstr62
PRO MEMBER User since 3/10/02

Thanks guys, I have had work done by Fittante,  I was hoping there was someone in the local area. Joe does a great job but he is very expensive.

5/6/19 @ 9:13 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

check out joe fittante in antigo.. awesome replicas!

5/6/19 @ 7:47 AM
Squaw Bay Dave
Squaw Bay Dave
User since 12/5/18

Did you get a recommendation yet? Second Nature Taxidermy - Mark Charles in Green Bay. He is a full-time, fish only guy. He isn't cheap but he is good. 

4/19/19 @ 11:23 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
User since 5/31/02

Keith Kania (Wausau) mounted all of my Lake Michigan fish (Brown, Rainbow, Laker) and they all look great and have held up real well for probably 20 years. In fact, Keith mounted all the fish and deer I ever had stuffed.

Keith used to have a brother in SE Wisconsin where you could drop off your specimen. Not sure if they're doing that anymore.

Just google Keith Kania Taxidermy.

RR

4/18/19 @ 6:19 PM
Keeper of the Gate
User since 7/18/05

I know you stated local, but for Lake Michigan salmonids, look to Mike Orthober up in Egg Harbor.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE