MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Beaver Dam Lake Dodge County

7/10/15 @ 11:35 AM
INITIAL POST
sudsguzzler
sudsguzzler
User since 6/7/14
I just made the decision to dock my boat for the Summer at Beaver Dam Lake in Dodge County. To me, it seems as if it's not the best quality fishing lake due to lack of structure and a max. depth of 7', but it works best for my Family. My Wife has never fished before, but wants to and I bought a small pontoon last year. We went once on Fox Lake and hit some pretty good Bluegills, but She, nor I care too much what species we get. We just want to go out as a Family, with my young Daughter and fish. It's now almost mid July and we went out on Beaver Dam Lake yesterday with a very early start. we tried jigging with minnows, slip bobbers with crawlers, red worms, wax worms, and casting. One stray suicidal large bullhead must have run into my bait ha ha ha and thus we had one bite and one fish all day. I'm not looking for anyone's top secret place to share with the world, but any ideas would be appreciated, keeping in mind that I'm all in at Beaver Dam as I've rented a dock and bought a lift for my pontoon for ease of on and off the lake. Any locations and styles of fishing suggestions? yesterday, it was pea soup with algae and lots of weeds lakewide. HELP please !!!! Again, we just want to enjoy a little fishing 6 or 7 times a Summer.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
1/6/20 @ 10:53 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

if you're looking for fish reports... https://www.lake-link.com/wisconsin-fishing-reports/beaver-dam-lake-dodge-county/4331/

1/6/20 @ 8:17 AM
Blitzfish
Blitzfish
User since 10/1/05

Since it is such a shallow body of water, the fish can be very nomadic in their daily movements. That being said the lake currently has a decent crappie population, perch are down a bit at the moment, catfish can definitely be found though there are a ton of little ones ,and walleye are ok right now (the population was higher 2 years ago). As has been said, what little structure there is for fish to find on this lake, they often do hang around.

1/5/20 @ 9:17 PM
HS0727
User since 1/5/20

Fished on the east side of sunset point about 5-6 inches of ice. Lot of big cracks and a huge area of open water by the two islands

1/4/20 @ 8:12 PM
fishies16
User since 1/4/20

Any fish being caught on Beaver Dam? I assume not but am just wondering. 

4/22/19 @ 8:50 PM
sandra
User since 3/9/06

Have anyone been out fishing Beaver Dam Lake?Any luck?

8/18/15 @ 9:46 PM
catnround
catnround
User since 9/21/11
Find rocks or stony points that stretch out into the lake. Fish will either be on the structure or slightly off from it. There are spots in the lake deeper than 7 feet. I know of one that is almost 10 feet deep. However, just because you may find deeper water - doesn't translate into a hot-spot necessarily. A lake with little structure means that for whatever structure you find - - the more likelihood you will find fish there as well. When navigating the rocky areas with your boat - be careful! The bottom can come up quickly in some areas even though you're a good ways off shore.
7/14/15 @ 12:53 PM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10
You picked a bad year this year its a scum hole, worst I have ever seen it
7/12/15 @ 7:33 AM
deskjockey
User since 1/23/10
Go to the fish reports page, search for the lake you want, and the reports will pop up.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE