SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

East coast sea ducks

12/19/15 @ 2:35 PM
INITIAL POST
MallardAbuse
User since 11/18/04
I am headed to Maine in a week to hunt sea ducks. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
2/1/18 @ 1:46 PM
freeguideservice
User since 12/4/13
1/22/18 @ 5:30 PM
Goosecaller
User since 7/21/01

Ha ha Migr8r, We had a group go out with Adam, we did the same exact thing you did the 3 days. We still laugh about that trip. We did kill birds, but his rig is a joke and unsafe. There are plenty of good outfits that hunt sea ducks, stay away from old Adam.....

1/18/18 @ 8:21 PM
birdin 24/7
birdin 24/7
User since 12/8/13

I went with Jeremiah Brooks from ocean state outfitters in Massachusetts..It was a great hunt and he and his family are really nice as well. Shot this 15 year old Bird with him on my last morning hunt in Sandwich Mass.

1/18/18 @ 5:28 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

1/18/18 @ 5:20 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

I had the misfortune of an Adam Smith adventure. Paid for a full day hunt that ended before lunch every day. While decoying birds was attempted, it wasn’t particularly productive. On the first morning he had us hunt in a disabled anchored boat, which apparently is illegal. Picked us up to go for black ducks only to drop us off on shore and instructed how to sneak over a hill and jump shoot them on the other side, I opted out. That was the end of day one. Days two and three weren’t much different. He just added a motorized boat ride to some swimming old squaws and told us to shoot, I opted out of that as well. 

He is just a poor guide and with a little research, you can see where he has left hunters stranded in rising tide or his craft broke down out on the ocean. From what I have read, he is also unlicensed. 

This is the actual boat he uses. Plywood sides and Great Stuff. 

1/18/18 @ 3:06 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

Pit Boss

I think this guy would be fun to go with

1/18/18 @ 3:04 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

Ruben Perez

DO NOT under any circumstances go with Adam Smith of Perfect Limit. You will be taking yours and others lives in your hands. No joke. 

1/18/18 @ 12:24 PM
Marsh Man 2
User since 9/20/10

Anyone have a guiding service they would recommend? I am looking into going next year and unfortunately the service I wanted to use is booked. I really don't want to wait another year as my father isn't getting any younger.  

12/19/15 @ 8:47 PM
Brad
User since 6/19/01
I don't know of anyone that has done that, but you could go to youtube and search for Maine sea duck hunt. Should be about a bunch of videos for you to watch. Please share your experience here when you get back. Odds are good I will have to go on a business trip out there sooner or later and if it is in the fall, I'd like to try something like that.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE