MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

Early Teal

7/21/16 @ 6:53 PM
INITIAL POST
hogbuster
hogbuster
User since 3/16/10

Instead of the early teal season Wisconsin currently has why not follow what the Dakotas do...Allow 2 "bonus" teal the first few weeks of the season.  Maybe then we  wouldn't burn the ducks out of the state so early.  Seems to work well out west.

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
8/31/16 @ 11:25 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
Hope you guys fill all your teal tags! I forgot to pick some up and don't have a printer I can use, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow afternoon...
8/31/16 @ 8:18 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04

I will just leave this here for you all!

8/31/16 @ 6:42 AM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07

Gander Dander, this is the Internet. More than that this is the armpit or the internet where knee jerkers come to have it out with everyone about everything outdoor. I still can't figure out why I come here except the simple pleasure of throwing gas on a fire once in a while and the occasional mindful conversation 

7/26/16 @ 4:50 PM
duckwidow
User since 11/12/05

I am ok with the season but it would be nice to see hunters pass on the other kinds of ducks.  If you don't know the difference then you shouldn't be hunting. 

7/25/16 @ 10:38 PM
Brad
User since 6/19/01

Not a fan of the early teal season, least ways in the current format.  Move it to the last two weeks of September after the bulk of the mosquitoes and warm temperatures have gone and I may reconsider.  Short of that, I intend to be a vocal opponent of the continuation of the season.

7/25/16 @ 7:17 PM
PIKE-FAN
PIKE-FAN
User since 8/4/09

Love early teal. Still ended a bird shy of a 3 man limit opening day. You get out what you put into the sport.

7/25/16 @ 7:38 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Every year it's the same thing, over and over. The complaints are not enough hunting or too much. No-one is ever happy with what is given but yet want more. Deal with the opertunities that have been given. When I think back to 30 day seasons, closures on certain species due to low populations, early closures on goose hunting, then a person has something to be concerned about. Until that happens again, enjoy what has been granted and make the best of it or stay home. It's that simple.

7/22/16 @ 4:59 PM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
User since 5/22/12

Early teal doesn't bust birds out any more than the early goose hunters do.  Season is fine the way it is, hardly anyone hunts it anyway...

7/22/16 @ 4:04 PM
duckwidow
User since 11/12/05

The common response you will here is in Wisconsin most of the bwt migrate through from early to late September.  By the season 2 bonus bwt would be nothing.  Granted some days can still be good later for the younger birds that couldn't fly yet when the parents left.

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE