SEARCH
MORE
Walleye Fishing

No collar round jig heads?

3/18/17 @ 4:11 PM
INITIAL POST
Fritz
User since 6/27/01

I'm having a hard time finding round jig heads without collars.  I use to get them from Cabela's, but they have very limited options.  I like them for live bait, especially nightcrawlers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fritz

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
4/3/17 @ 10:37 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Take one with a collar and roll a utility knife back and forth right where the collar connects to the head slowly cutting down to the steel hook shank. Once you get close to the steel use a side cutting pliers to carefully nip the lead off the steel shank. Another way to make your own would be to buy plain jig hooks and gently "crunch" plain round split shot on to the bare hook with a pliers for the small ones, or use a small vice for the bigger ones.

3/30/17 @ 8:17 PM
amaranthlost
User since 5/31/10

Ebay is where I usually buy mine. I tie my own icefishing jigs and that is the only place to get them at a reasonable price.

3/30/17 @ 7:10 AM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09

Chico's on the wolf river has hand pored and painted jigs without?a collar

3/27/17 @ 8:59 AM
Boatguy1
Boatguy1
User since 9/19/12

Have you checked e-bay . Their should be some on their .

3/26/17 @ 2:30 PM
Capt Quint2
User since 4/14/15

I was up at Dick Smith's Live Bait and Tackle and they have round head jigs with no collar with gold hooks.  Don't know how big of selection they have so call first.  If they don't have what you are looking for Becky can order it for you she is good about that.  Great service. 

3/26/17 @ 7:24 AM
Kill25Gill
User since 1/4/10

B&N bait and tackle if you're in the Milwaukee area. Call to give Bob a heads up that you're stopping. 414-704-5823. He's near 13th and College. 

Guy has so much stuff for being in a his little teeny basement. Good prices too. Any combination of jigs up to 1/2 oz are $15/100. All handpoured and painted in his basement.

Now if that's not supporting the local mom and pop and getting a great deal, I don't know what is.

3/18/17 @ 5:01 PM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11

Ebay

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE