INITIAL POST
Fishing Hunter
User since 4/12/05

I usually use 6lb mono

Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts
2/1/17 @ 7:34 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I use all mono or copolymer.  A good rod lets you feel when the fish hits it so that is not an issue or good argument for me to use no stretch.   it's pricey,  it's pain in the rear at times.  I get a snag I bust it off.  jigs cost me .12 cents a piece.  big deal. I've used no stretch in the past.  if you get snagged you get the jig back most times but you can only bend a hook so many times and it's shot.  vertical jigging boat control is more important than line anyway.

I run 6lb most times.  I have one with 8lb just in case the current is fast and have to use a 3/8 oz or heavier.  the mississippi can be a fast SOB at times.

I use no stretch for lake trout fishing in 120 feet of water,  that's the only time i feel it's warranted.  Or casting cranks...sure.  $6-8 baits,  it makes sense.

1/31/17 @ 1:35 PM
weedweesle69
User since 7/29/12

I love nano for jigging with a flora

Leader nano is expensive and has to be replaced often but it is extremely sensitive

1/30/17 @ 5:03 PM
fishintechnician
fishintechnician
User since 8/23/11

Depends on where you are jigging . In a clear lake I would agree with your 6lb mono . In a snaggy river I would run 10lb hi vis fireline . I take a black marker and color the last 2 feet of line . The fireline has no stretch so I can feel exactly what the jig is doing . I can feel the bottom and see if it's soft or hard and if I get hung up on a stump or rock I can usually get my jig back . In a river the fish are usually behind some kind of obstruction so you usually have to bounce the jig over it and into the fishes face . No stretch lets you feel right when the fish hits it . WHAM! FISH ON !

Displaying 16 to 19 of 19 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE