INITIAL POST
Fishing Hunter
User since 4/12/05

I usually use 6lb mono

Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts
1/26/19 @ 9:10 PM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10

Ask yourself why everyone compares other lines to Power Pro and then try it for yourself.  I will give Super Braid a 2nd (mainly because of price).  Leader only if/when needed.

-No stretch, very sensitive.

-Good for multiple seasons or until it's cut off

-Thin diameter

*more line on spool

*less wind/water resistance

*further castability

Ultimately, still a personal preference, but hard to overlook the versatility and popularity.  Good look with your search.

4/19/18 @ 12:29 PM
RODK
User since 8/24/13

Still like Fire line best,then fluorocarbon ,have no problem catching fish

4/15/18 @ 11:03 AM
Peterskeeter
User since 2/6/11

Dedicated Jigging rods, it's old PP, PP-Slick 8, or Nanofil in 10# with 12"-24" 8# fluoro tied to a swivel. This is old line back-reeled onto a spool. Tried the 832 for about 3 or 4 hours and couldn't take the wind knots when casting. Ended up with way short line on the reel and lost all casting distance. Never touched the crap since (I don't get wind knots with PP, nanofil, or even spider wire). It's old line as I'm changing everything over to Sufix Nanobraid. I often use the same set up for jigging and casting 1/4oz and bigger jigs or Cleo's so castability is a must. The Nanobraid is the best superline I've ever used. For calm water jigging/casting 1/8oz and smaller jigs it's 8# Nanobraid with 8# Mono for a slower fall and abrasion resistance against muscles and rocks. If the water is gin clear I'll go with 8# fluoro, both tied direct to the braid.. Casting/jigging Crappies use same 8# Nanobraid and 6# mono/fluoro.

3/13/17 @ 2:47 PM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03

For vertical and cast jigging I have tried many types and have found 8 lb nanofil line with fluorocarbon leader the most adaptable to most situations.   I found 832 did not cast as well as nanofil or fireline.  Nanofil takes a little more care when tying your knots but once mastered works very well.   Straight mono for slip bombers.  

3/7/17 @ 9:19 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

For jigging, I have been moving all my powerpro line to 832 hi viz.  Usually use a 3-4' floro leader. 

3/6/17 @ 9:38 PM
Thomas Droste
Thomas Droste
User since 1/1/06

10lb or 15lb Power Pro Slick 8 with a three foot 8lb or 10lb leader tied direct with a uni to uni knot. Sometimes straight Vanish 8lb floro for shallow with no current. 

2/8/17 @ 6:02 AM
diver hunter 1987
User since 9/29/09

I'd give the nod to suffix as well.  I use 10lb hivis yellow.  It's softer feeling because the braid uses gore fibers.  So you can't really hear it go through the guides like you can power pro feels a lot smother/slippery to the touch.  Fireline is a fuzed line not a true braid I think of it as looking like duct tape where suffix and power pro are true braids which are round and look like rope.  I use a floro leader when in really clear water but even then it's more of a confidence thing usually in the river fish don't have much time to see the line.  I also use baitcasters for vertical jigging and don't use live bait anymore so I'm usually running heavier jigs and big plastics.  Running 2 rods is a lot easier with the baitcasters and the hi VI's line helps keep the tangles down when jigging 2 rods

2/6/17 @ 10:15 PM
Brad
User since 6/19/01

Hello Mr. Hook...

Is suffix 832 softer than fireline?  The reviews I've read claim it to be very abrasion resistant... Also better than fireline??

2/4/17 @ 10:57 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

Hey Brad,long time,....

All my reels on my walleye jigging sticks are spooled up with Sufix832.

2/3/17 @ 10:46 PM
Brad
User since 6/19/01

IMHO, the lighter the jig the better...  Since braid is thinner, it allows me to use a lighter jig than mono or floro.  I always add a two or three foot soft mono leader to tie the jig to as I seem to get a better hook up percent that way.  I always hold the line with my index finger so I can feel what is going on instead of having to see it.

The deeper the water, the more important using braid becomes.

Only another month or 6 weeks until the rivers open up!

2/3/17 @ 12:28 PM
mvanhank222
User since 12/16/13

Fluorocarbon all the way I see alot of braid suggestions but only Fluoro will give you bite detection on slack line braid is great if you have tension on it but if you don't like on the fall you will never feel a bite. 

2/2/17 @ 8:39 PM
Capt. Patrick Conger
Capt. Patrick Conger
User since 3/21/13

8lb/3lb diameter fireline is used on all my jigging rods. (Tied direct) Only time i will add flouro leader is when water is crystal clear. 

2/2/17 @ 11:42 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

Less then 20ft I use 6or8lb mono,more then that I use 834 braid with a mono leader.

2/2/17 @ 9:02 AM
daleracefan
User since 3/27/02

Suffix 832 with floro leader

2/2/17 @ 7:27 AM
Capt Quint2
User since 4/14/15

Sufix 832 with a fluro leader & barrel swivel.  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 19 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE