SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

Squirrel hunting

1/23/16 @ 1:35 PM
INITIAL POST
BROWNING 1972
User since 2/10/12
What's everyone's favorite time of day to squirrel hunt? Me and my son got a new farm to hunt during muzzle loader season and we seen a lot of squirrels mainly fox. Never really put much time in squirrel hunting and I would give a try before season ends for the year.
Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts
9/26/16 @ 9:52 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05
Tis the season!
1/25/16 @ 11:05 AM
Fishmiester
Fishmiester
User since 6/17/09
I have to agree with them being active all day, but if it is possible to pick a warmer sunny day they are even more active. I like to just sit very patiently on a sunny day and watch the big Oaks and Hickory trees and wait for them to all of a sudden just appear and lay on the branches to sun themselves. It is much easier to hit them while they are sitting still with a rifle. I use a 25 cal.(Marauder) air rifle that is very accurate to 50 yards and even longer and quiet so if needed for a miss you can get a follow up shot. Have fun now the season is almost over.
1/25/16 @ 1:32 AM
Fowler2
Outdoorsman65x
User since 1/24/16
Squirrels are active all day long, from sun up to sun down. Good luck huntin'
1/24/16 @ 12:11 PM
John.Rennpferd
User since 6/3/10
My experience is all day every day for squirrels. With the leaves off the trees take a good pair of binoculars, and glass for them, then just move in.
Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE