SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

Boxhorn

12/29/16 @ 10:53 AM
INITIAL POST
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

I took my 10yr old son to Boxhorn "Sportsman's" Club for the first and last time this week.

As a new hunter safety graduate we have been enthusiastically spending time hunting pheasants and practicing our shooting. During Christmas vacation, we visited Boxhorn and introduced ourselves as first-time visitors to the club. We paid for trap and were told it would be "a few minutes". We sat down and waited. There were very few people in the club this day.

Over 40 minutes later, we went to the counter to ask for our money back. The man behind the counter then swore (in front of my son) and said,"Oh we didn't know what you were doing there." (It was the same man we paid earlier). He then offered to get us out "right away", but by then I was too frustrated to go out. 

According to their own website, "You won't find many trap, sporting clays and 5 stand shooting facilities that are friendlier places than Boxhorn Gun Club."

What a joke!

There are too many places in SE WI too shoot clays then to go to this place with stooges that have no personality or customer service skills. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
2/22/17 @ 7:03 AM
football77
football77
User since 8/20/10
Winchester will open on Fridays in April I believe.
2/20/17 @ 9:14 AM
zeplure
zeplure
PRO MEMBER User since 2/11/02

Winchester, I had the opposite my first time there. My son and I went and they explained the course and procedures very well. I now take business clients there for an afternoon of shooting. I just wish they were open Fridays. That's when most customers can get out early. 

1/2/17 @ 5:08 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
Evidently upper management is much better than the people behind the counter at box horn. I must say it's nice seeing a business owning up to a mistake and trying to make it right instead of just giving the customer the big F you.
1/2/17 @ 3:46 PM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

Sorry, no interest in returning. 

Your employee knows he fouled up.

The second guy (employee?) behind the counter watched us from the side door back to our truck and out of the parking lot- what a creep. 

My first impression was of guys with no interest in their jobs or promoting the sport. 

My apologies for posting comment in "wrong" area. 

12/30/16 @ 4:41 PM
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15
I'm just alittle confused why you posted that on this forum instead of say gun and shooting instead??
12/30/16 @ 4:27 PM
BoxhornGunClub
User since 12/30/16

We here are deeply sorry that you had such a terrible experience here. I wish there was some way I could fix that for you but I completely understand how you feel and you have every right to be as upset as you are. I would like to ask you a few questions about the experience so that I can make sure that this type of behavior does not continue. We pride ourselves on our moto and feel embarrassed to ever hear about such an experience. Please contact me at [email protected] or call us at 414-529-2529 and I will do what I can to fix this.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE