SEARCH
MORE
Upland/Small Game

2023 Pheasant Season

10/11/23 @ 5:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19

Forecast don't look too promising for opening day. I know she will be happy no matter what they weather is.

2023 Pheasant Season photo by tailsneyes
Displaying 1 to 15 of 35 posts
1/28/24 @ 10:09 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
J&H Game Farm in Shawano County has pheasant hunting into March. 
1/28/24 @ 8:33 PM
Wharf Dwarf II
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/10
Lone oak east of Montello usually has lots of scratch birds besides the ones you pay for. Used to be if you requested 6 birds for two hunters they put out 12. Hence the good scratch hunting   Mowed paths every 40-50 yds also. Hunted there for many years 
1/28/24 @ 3:29 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
Looking at getting in one last hunt which will be at a hunt preserve. Im in Fond du lac county willing to travel for a good hunt. I know people have thier opinion. Looking for something to test the dog but give a youngster a chance to shoot a bird. Please give your thoughts. TIA
1/10/24 @ 9:48 AM
Del Roy
User since 2/17/14
Thanks Buffalohunter. This was actually in East central Illinois.  Sorry, I should’ve stated that in my post, certainly didn’t intend to mislead. Was just excited to finally have a great wild bird hunt outside of South Dakota, and thought I’d share. 
I lived WI for 15 years (thus my connection to this site), and moved home to Illinois 8 years ago to take over the family farm.  Was basically a corn desert at the time and I saw very few pheasants on our property for the first few years. Very sad considering  it was a great area for birds when I was a kid back in the 1970’s. Decided to do something about it and got active in habitat management and getting some quality CRP contracts (as well as a little predator control), and the results have been positive.  A lot of work but very rewarding.
As for wild birds in Wisconsin, I do have a small 40 in southern Juneau Co that’s my deer/turkey hunting farm.  About 5 years ago I saw a mature rooster walking in a field in spring.  No idea if it was a released bird or was wild, but was very cool to see at the time.  Haven’t seen any since.

1/9/24 @ 8:50 AM
buffalohunter
User since 8/11/15
Oops hit wrong key I guess. To continue on my land in Dodge Co had numerous wild birds. Now only a couple still hanging on. Sure miss the wild birds. Had a fine year with my 14year 3 month old lab-shorthair combo. Blessed to be hunting her at that age. Hunted stocked birds that can act quite wild in 
1/9/24 @ 8:45 AM
buffalohunter
User since 8/11/15
That is awesome Del Roy. Nothing like wild roosters and hunting them. Great picture. If you don’t mind were you hunting northwest Wisconsin or down on Green County area where there are still wild birds left. I live in Dodge County and through the late 80s to about 2015 had numerous wild bir
1/7/24 @ 11:07 PM
Del Roy
User since 2/17/14
Great end of season hunt yesterday for our group of 4, bagged 3 young roosters while flushing between 50-60 birds.  Two different properties, only the second time we’ve hunted them this year and birds really moved into the heavy cover due to the recent snow. Wild birds. ​
2023 Pheasant Season photo by Del Roy
1/7/24 @ 5:11 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06
Thats a wrap for great seson.  Ended up finding and getting a rooster on the last day. already looking forward to next year!

12/28/23 @ 5:49 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06
Got out for a couple hours in the rain.  I had two flushes and no shots.  Still birds around but really have to work for them.  Hopefully get out a couple more times before the end of the season.  Would be nice if we had some snow to look for tracks.
12/23/23 @ 6:39 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
Went this morning before the fog got thick. Had 1 runner that the dog put up. Heard a couple cackling on private property next to the public. Back at it after the Christmas festivities. I m in FDL county if anyone wants to get together give a shout out. I have my own dog. She hunts good with others.
12/3/23 @ 11:58 AM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
Not sure where you are at but with the fresh snow we got by us I would say go for it and try to find fresh tracks.
12/3/23 @ 8:28 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Is taking a walk to hunt public grounds without a dog a terrible idea?
12/2/23 @ 6:13 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
Went out this morning for a couple hours a few other guys out. Put up 2 brought 2 home. It was nice while hunting never saw another guy when we went to a different area was when we saw people. Central part of the state. Chris how did you do? 
12/1/23 @ 12:31 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15
Will they be stocking any more before the Holiday stocking? 
11/30/23 @ 6:12 PM
Chiro-Chris
Chiro-Chris
PRO MEMBER User since 4/8/13
tailsneyes, is correct. The Wisconsin DNR planed to stock over 80 properties across Wisconsin during the 2023 season. The DNR will stock 25 state properties over a two-day period during the week of Dec. 19. "Merry Christmas" to the Grinches on the DNR Board. That being said, the Stocking program was much more consistent in my area of Northeast Wisconsin this year. The birds were healthy. Some still are. I'm going out. Happy Holidays to everyone. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 35 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE