INITIAL POST
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08

The drawings are posted online.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 posts
4/11/17 @ 2:03 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

I can't remember the last time I didn't get my 1st choice. I hunt Zone 3 and got 3rd season as always. Even when I used to go for 1st or 2nd, I'd get that too, so I don't know the answer to your question. This year's will go unused as I had shoulder surgery last week. At least I'm only out the $3 I paid for the application. 

Tim

4/11/17 @ 8:52 AM
Bear B8
User since 2/15/04

Been hearing alot of people getting preference points in Zone 3 this year. Or drawing your 3rd choice like I did. First time ever for me not getting my first choice ???  Anyone else experience this this year ?  Talked to Madison DNR. They said same number of tags issued this year as last. Cant hardly believe a big increase in applicants ??

3/24/17 @ 5:58 PM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06

Blue the site probably logged you out due to no activity.  Best off logging on between 9:45-10:00 AM.

Zone 3, Season A, Landowner tag

Zone 3, Season B, wife's tag

Zone 3, Season C, leftover tag

Zone 4, Season D, leftover tag

Going to be a fun spring!  

3/23/17 @ 3:20 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

tuesday i logged in just before ten am and at ten there were about 2,800 ppl ahead of me it took about ten min to get my tag, not to bad.  my buddy got on right at ten and had no wait it went rite into the system.

3/23/17 @ 1:03 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I dont see any comments or threads about the long waits or system meltdowns. I know I purchased tags 3 days this week and it went very smooth. Longest I waited was maybe 5 minutes.

3/21/17 @ 9:12 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

get on by 9:45am  it doesnt matter when you get into your go wild, its all random when you go into the waiting room, so they guy that is on at 9:59am may get first pick anyways.no need to be on at 6am

3/4/17 @ 11:38 AM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09

"Remaining permits go on sale on theses dates!" Starting at 10 am through midnight each day! This is a first-come, first-served basis, Limited to 1 tag per hunter per day, until tags are sold out.

Zone 1 - Monday, March 20th

Zone 2 - Tuesday, March 21st

Zone 3 - Wednesday, March 22nd

Zone 4 - Thursday, March,23rd

Zone 5,6 & 7 - Friday, March 24th

All other remaining permits will go on sale - Saturday, March 25th

If anyone is looking to book a hunt, I still have open dates.

I guide in zone 1 and zone 3

Good luck, Be safe

2017 Wisconsin Spring Turkey Permits Results photo by greenwaterwalleye
2/27/17 @ 9:12 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Just remember that Zone 2 accounts for a large percentage of the population. Think of it, Fox Valley, Milwaukee, Green Bay, Madison.

Tim

2/27/17 @ 1:48 PM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

Did anyone else have issues obtaining your choice in permits this year?  Both my son and I were shooting for zone 2, period B as 1st choice and period c as second choice, same as I have been doing for about 5 years without any issue.  Usually would get period B, sometimes C.  Neither of us drew a tag.  Looks like over the counter will be our route this year.  Frustrating. 

2/15/17 @ 6:01 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Whether or not you put in for the draw won't affect your ability to get an over the counter tag.  Just check the DNR site for what is available for areas and times.  They go on sale in about 5 weeks.

2/14/17 @ 10:15 PM
Jefferson Co. Jester
User since 5/25/08

I have never once hunted turkey. I was asked by my uncle to learn it from him. I know that the deadline was in December to apply for a spring hunt, does this mean that I cannot buy one of the leftover tags/permits in March for the spring hunt? Or will I still be able to buy one?

2/1/17 @ 11:11 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Your welcome. Come March when you go on the Go Wild site there will be a link to buy leftover permits and when you do you will need to purchase your turkey license and stamp at the same time. Currently you can see the leftover info on the dnr site under turkey hunting.

2/1/17 @ 10:05 AM
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02

Thanks for your help. That's exactly the info I needed. Greatly appreciated!

2/1/17 @ 9:29 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

You are in good shape for zone 4. You have a date with your keyboard or license outlet March 23 the leftover permits for zone 4 go on sale. There are about 4000 for 4th season and 5000 each for the 5th and 6th season left. They go on sale at 10 am.You can purchase 1 per day starting Sat the 25th.

1/31/17 @ 10:34 PM
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02

Excuse my ignorance. I have recently acquired a parcel of land that I could spring turkey hunt for 2017. I have looked on DNR site to see how I could get a spring tag for zone 4 for after the dec deadline to no avail. Is there a way I can possibly still get a tag? If so what would I do? I'm unfamiliar with "that" process if there is one. Any suggestions?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 33 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE