MORE
Recipies & Cooking

What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 11:05 PM
INITIAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
PRO MEMBER User since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Gator43
Displaying 61 to 75 of 429 posts
7/7/23 @ 8:00 PM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
For smoking venison roasts and you want medium rare, don’t go past 130*. I personally prefer the rare side of medium rare and go to 126-127*. 

This little gadget is really nice for cooking to a precise temperature. I highly recommend it or something similar. Meater probe

And I’m not sure if Carpio (no offense) had a mis-type but cooking fish to 160* would make it absolutely inedible. 120* is cooked for fish whether smoked or otherwise.
7/7/23 @ 3:54 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
I have only smoked a couple of venison roasts over the years but both turned out good... After you remove from the brine, dry it off and apply some olive oil and dry rub.. Below is a venison rub recipe I have used. I believe I smoked at 225 and you want the meat to hit an internal temp of 140 to 145.. Should leave the meat with a nice pink/medium rare inside.  Believe my roast were in the 3-4lb range.. Good luck..

Rub Ingredients:
4 Tbsp.Salt
2 Tbsp. Pepper
2Tbsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Onion Powder
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp. Cilantro
1-Tbsp. Cumin

7/7/23 @ 11:10 AM
7thson
User since 6/4/06
Got a 3# venison roast brining on the 4th day right now . I plan to smoke it after the brining , any thoughts ? Never did this before .
7/4/23 @ 8:49 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Finally found a good use for top sirloin roast. 2 hr smoke and a horseradish sauce recipie. It was alot better than i figured. ?
7/2/23 @ 12:40 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Runing low on Canadian bacon so I made a batch today. Always great for breakfast sandwiches, pizza, BLT's etc. 
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by kona77
6/25/23 @ 3:10 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
FYI, was in shopping at our local Hyvee store in Onalaska today. Notice there advertising the Traeger pro-22 on sale for $499 and 30% off.  Great deal if somebody is looking serious. May be worth a road trip! 
Didn't realize I skimped on the price pic. It's $499.99
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Fowler2
6/22/23 @ 9:35 PM
Cat Man J.J.
PRO MEMBER User since 5/9/03
Tonight was chicken legs on the smoker, turned $3 worth of chicken into a pretty good meal.
Marinated the drumsticks in a little teriyaki sauce for a couple hours, smoked them at around 315 degrees for about an hour and fifteen minuets
I kind of like this propane smoker because on medium i can use it like an oven.
My yearly problems with the temp spiking to 400 was from putting too many wood chips in.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Cat Man J.J.
6/16/23 @ 7:42 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Baby back ribs are always a favorite. Cornbread sides with a berry cobbler. Good way to end the day.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by kona77
6/16/23 @ 3:25 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I just put in a brine a 3.5# laker cut in 3 chunks, also 1/2 of a 3# coho fillet.   I’ll brine them for 1.5 hours then dry them under a fan for 2 hours until they form a pellicle.   When done I’ll refrigerate them until tomorrow afternoon then smoke them until they reach 160o, about 1.5 hours.    I’ll smoke them in my WEBBER charcoal grill and serve them at our FD cookout .               DANG!    I should have put this on the SMOKED SALMON thread.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Carpio
6/8/23 @ 10:38 AM
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
Brisket baby. Low and slow all day. I need to get a electric smoker. My propane smoker is inconsistent with the temperature. 
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by Esox JJ
5/4/23 @ 6:19 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
Edge, so after reading the manual, my Grill was set to lower grate temp and not air temp. Once I switched it to air temp my GrillEye and display are close.
4/22/23 @ 7:33 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
Edge, I always use my Grill Eye. Put 1 on the grate for actual cooking temp. Blue tooth to my phone which I'm cutting grass... lol Built in on my Oklahoma Joe's Rider fluctuates big time. My Grill Eye show the constant temp.
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by LUV2HNT
What have you smoked lately?  Q-view... photo by LUV2HNT
4/20/23 @ 5:28 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Anyone run a pellet smoker? How stable are temps, how low or high can you go? Really want something that can run 150 deg. To 275 deg stable. Don't want to constantly adjust temps If possible. Got my weber bullet dialed in pretty good above 200 deg. Under 200 is a struggle
4/19/23 @ 6:26 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
Good reads. Thanks much
4/18/23 @ 10:39 AM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06
Edge, after smoking fish in my Masterbuilt electric unit, I’ll burn a tray of hickory chips for about 3 hrs on max temp, empty.  That takes care of any lingering fish residue!
Displaying 61 to 75 of 429 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE