SEARCH
MORE
Panfish Fishing

Hybrid?

8/8/17 @ 7:50 PM
INITIAL POST
teevee222
User since 5/25/15
Caught a nice 8 inch Pumpkinseed that I want to get mounted. Some of my friends are saying that it looks like a hybrid Pumpkinseed x Bluegill. An 8 inch Pumpkinseed is pretty good but if it's a hybrid I might not get it mounted. Your thoughts? 
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
10/15/17 @ 10:06 PM
thefishingboy
User since 9/11/04

Hybrid. Look at the Geneva thread for pics of true seeds and 9-10 inchers!!! Nice cross though, def more gill traits than seed on your fish

9/26/17 @ 9:30 AM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Hybrid

8/24/17 @ 7:30 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Lizy's first fish

8/24/17 @ 7:25 PM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

looks nothing like pumpkinseeds we catch up north. they are much darker and have worm like makings on them.

8/9/17 @ 3:23 PM
teevee222
User since 5/25/15

Awesome That's what I wanted to hear 

8/9/17 @ 1:44 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Looks like a standard pumkinseed to me.

8/9/17 @ 8:00 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Looks like a standard pumpkinseed to me.  Nice size, but the mouth looks like a bluegill (pumpkinseeds also have mouths like a bluegill, although I believe they have bigger "teeth" in the mouth).  Definitely has the colors like a pumpkinseed as well.  I don't believe it's a hybrid.
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE