MORE
Musky Fishing

home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 12:18 PM
INITIAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 127 posts
12/24/21 @ 10:43 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Merry Christmas to my Lake link family!!

JUST REMEMBER IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, CATCH IT, CATCH YOUR DREAM!!

***Here is a little parody take on a classic ENJOY!  

Twas the night before Christmas day of fishing, and all through the lake, not a creature was stirring, not even a musky.

The stockings were hung by the mercury OptiMaxx 150 HP with care, in hopes that Saint Muskellunge soon would be there.

The children were all nestled all snug in their live wells with visions of bucktails danced in their heads.

And mama and her kerchief, and I in my cap, had just settled our brains for a long day of casting.

When out on the lake there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my seat to see what was the matter. Away to the front of the boat I flew like a flash, tore open the storage and threw up the net.

The moon on the water of the new waves made

Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below when what to my wondering eyes should appear?

But a miniature boat and eight tiny muskies

With a little old driver so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be Saint muskellunge

More rapid than eagles his courses they came, And he casted and shouted and called them by name:

Now Suick, Now Phantom, Now Mepps’ , Now Lake-X, On Cowgirl, On Bull dawg, On Bondy,  On Reef Hawg!

To the top of the water to the top of the trees now splash away! splash away! Splash  away all!!!

home made baits vs store bought? photo by ice queen
12/10/21 @ 7:15 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Come one, come all!!! Yes, MCW (muskelunge club of Wisconsin) is having a fundraiser on Sunday December 19th 4-8, for one of the Waukesha Christmas parade victims Erick Tiegs.

No need to be a member of this awesome group to attend, they have some kick butt raffles going on, cash bar and good company!!

see you all there!!

8/24/21 @ 12:12 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Had the pleasure of making up some 60 wedding party favors for a friend.  I used #5 circle hooks, soldered them together and added their favor colored blades/beads. Love getting creative with a fishing theme!!

6/26/21 @ 7:06 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Big head attached to that homemade bait!

6/19/21 @ 3:43 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

WELL….. that was a productive morning!! Got my hat trick of 3 fish a 33, 35, & 43 husband got a 43 as well today!!  All on homemade buck tails woohoo, no better feeling than that!!! Mine I used a #8 Colorado & #5 fluted stagger blades and some kick butt tinsel color!

2/3/21 @ 7:48 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Ok..... this was truly a mistake kinda of bait, that  went from a pumpkin to a princess!!! Just went to test out down at the river and WOW!!! 

I’m naming it the “TRT’s” (tinsel, reverse tandem) wish you could see the video!!

1/23/21 @ 4:53 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

What an awesome day to get out for the Waukesha winter jamboree!! Proud to be part of this club, Muskellunge club of Wisconsin!!! Ice fishing clinic with 100 people signed up today!!! 62 kids and the rest parents learning to ice fish at Minooka part.

1/20/21 @ 8:03 PM
mskyadk
PRO MEMBER User since 11/11/01

One more to paint, then epox and off to there new homes.

home made baits vs store bought? photo by mskyadk
12/24/20 @ 3:51 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Merriest of Christmas to all my family & friends!! And most importantly....I’ve met so many awesome & knowledgeable people in this industry!!!

JUST REMEMBER IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, CATCH IT, CATCH YOUR DREAM   

***Here is a little parody take on a classic ENJOY!!!

Twas the night before Christmas day of fishing, and all through the lake, not a creature was stirring, not even a musky.

The stockings were hung by the mercury OptiMaxx 150 HP with care, in hopes that Saint Muskellunge soon would be there.

The children were all nestled all snug in their live wells with visions of bucktails danced in their heads.

And mama and her kerchief, and I in my cap, had just settled our brains for a long day of casting.

When out on the lake there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my seat to see what was the matter. Away to the front of the boat I flew like a flash, tore open the storage and threw up the net.

The moon on the water of the new waves made

Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below when what to my wondering eyes should appear?

But a miniature boat and eight tiny muskies

With a little old driver so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be Saint muskellunge

More rapid than eagles his courses they came, And he casted and shouted and called them by name:

Now Suick!, Now Phantom!, Now Mepps!, Now Lake-X!, On Cowgirl!, On Bull dawg!, On Bondy!, On Reef Hawg!

To the top of the water to the top of the trees now splash away! splash away! Splash  away all!!!

12/10/20 @ 9:29 PM
mskyadk

that i know is a great feeling Ice. Creating dreams following up with life long memories. Would be great to be there for that fish.

When i guided alway gave the kid the bait they got their fish on. 

12/5/20 @ 9:47 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

I was  asked again this year to be “Santa” and make a musky bait for a little 10 year old girl that still believes in Santa. Truly nothing better than getting a message from her Dad at 5:30 on Christmas morning with pictures of her opening her gift from “Santa”  And, a personalized card to go with her special bait!! 

11/7/20 @ 7:36 AM
JDs Customs
User since 9/16/20

Mskyadk; Simply call it “Mr. Bill” 

11/4/20 @ 4:20 PM
mskyadk

All new bait not sure what to call these.

Has a dive curve of 2.4:1. Will go 25+ down on that same curve. Also runs +6.5mph.

home made baits vs store bought? photo by mskyadk
10/14/20 @ 11:30 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

If you don’t have plans tonight come on down to the Embassy suites hotel in Brookfield WI giving a seminar tonight!!!

9/1/20 @ 9:27 AM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Mskyadk..... very nice!!!! Have not tried my hand at making or painting “hard” baits.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 127 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE