SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

waxies

10/4/17 @ 10:34 PM
INITIAL POST
flatlander68
User since 1/24/06

What have you found to be the best way to keep them alive, not too cold not too warm (now I sound like freakin goldilocks)  when buying bulk waxies.  Don"t want to but 5000 to early. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
10/24/17 @ 3:05 AM
Sylvain Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/6/01

Thanks HR. Also found a site called crittergrub also out of Antigo. Same prices.

10/23/17 @ 3:49 AM
abacab
User since 12/23/03

Good question. I used to buy mine from my local bait store( timberline archery and tackle) but he went out of business this summer. I tried ordering from somewhere and having them shipped but the quality sucked. 

10/22/17 @ 3:01 PM
Sylvain Guy
PRO MEMBER User since 7/6/01

where is the best place to get bulk waxies or spikes??

10/9/17 @ 8:44 PM
flatlander68
User since 1/24/06

Thanks, I thought the fridge was too cold, cause that is where the beer is and 35 to warm.   Kept in window sill in basement.  Still might be to cold. I know they cant last forever.

10/9/17 @ 6:53 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

Your fridge will be too cold !

You want your waxies to have temps in the mid 40's...

Get a few of those "bait pucks" and use some blue painter's tape to affix them snugly to the inside of any window pane that is exposed on the opposite side directly to the cold, winter air.

My waxies stay frisky for months using the above technique 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE