LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Anyone use Reefrunners guide service in Door County??

2/5/15 @ 4:31 PM
INITIAL POST
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
PRO MEMBER User since 7/3/06
I booked a trip with these guys but I'm hearing alot of bad things about them and that they won't refund deposits, etc. I came across an ad on Craigslist where someone was saying that they are fraudulent too. Any info appreciated.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts
5/15/16 @ 7:58 PM
cobia hunter
User since 5/15/16

Reef Runners Guide Service cancelled my trip due to poor ice conditions. Never refunded my deposit, heard every excuse from check was in the mail to his guides stole all his equipment and he was broke to his accountant was sending my check. You get the drift here. Do not book with this guide. He is a con man.

3/25/15 @ 6:03 PM
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
The address is 1500 Tacoma Beach C4 Sturgeon Bay, WI 54335.
3/25/15 @ 3:25 PM
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
I have the address I sent the check to I'll post it when I get home. I'd love to through this piece of sh*t a blanket party.... Evil Grin
3/25/15 @ 1:15 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Wow what credit card company? we need to boycott them this guy sounds like he is scum!
3/25/15 @ 8:58 AM
smits25u
User since 4/2/14
does anyone have his contact information. The credit card company is siding with him. appears i will have to go take the money back from him myself.
2/19/15 @ 5:08 PM
Tatto
PRO MEMBER User since 3/11/06
Yes, I booked a trip with this Guide Service (using that term loosely). Way over promised and very under delivered. Learn from my mistake. His story change more often than a politicians. Also "PROMISED" to refund my money. Which did not happen. Again I will now trust a politician first. Rick Lindgren as seen here. DO NOT TRUST or USE HIM. On a lighter note: JJ's Guide Service is one I will now trust. Trust with my wallet and/or my daughter. Yes, he is that honest. And he helps you catch fish.
2/12/15 @ 4:25 PM
Tankz
User since 8/17/14
Wishin Reef runners is definitely a crook your not getting your money back go with JJ or one of the other well known guides!
2/12/15 @ 8:37 AM
smits25u
User since 4/2/14
inbox me details plz
2/11/15 @ 11:00 PM
GILLCRAZY
User since 2/29/04
I believe we were the FIRST and ONLY group to go out with Reef Runners and we got our moneys worth after many problems including transport to and from the shack. I and wife and friend and his wife made the trip. JJ from JJs Guide Service toook us out and back and he appears to be REAL guide and was great to talk with. I will not make any bad comments but if you have paid this guy Rick I suggest you go after your deposits!! The shack was more like a hotel room and the 50" LED TV hooked to the marcum cam was AWESOME. What ever outfit bought the shacks he had, they are just cool. If I EVER book another guided trip it would be with JJ after my personal experience in talking with him as well as info from other locals. FIRST CLASS GUIDE service! And, as Forrest would say, "And that's all I got to say about that! "
2/11/15 @ 10:50 PM
GILLCRAZY
User since 2/29/04
I believe we were the FIRST and ONLY group to go out with Reef Runners and we got our moneys worth after many problems including transport to and from the shack. I and wife and friend and his wife made the trip. JJ from JJs Guide Service toook us out and back and he appears to be REAL guide and was great to talk with. I will not make any bad comments but if you have paid this guy Rick I suggest you go after your deposits!! The shack was more like a hotel room and the 50" LED TV hooked to the marcum cam was AWESOME. What ever outfit bought the shacks he had, they are just cool. If I EVER book another guided trip it would be with JJ after my personal experience in talking with him as well as info from other locals. FIRST CLASS GUIDE service! And, as Forrest would say, "And that's all I got to say about that! "
2/11/15 @ 3:13 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
for ice fishing just go with the guys you see on here they are all great, JJ malvitz and lonney from trophyice fish are the best on the bay, as well as clause and allen too. we will have a bigger group heading out again next weekend, if anybody with family etc wants to tag along we could get ya set up. goodluck!
2/11/15 @ 2:11 PM
smits25u
User since 4/2/14
anyone have any reviews on allens guide service or finquest?
2/11/15 @ 2:08 PM
smits25u
User since 4/2/14
Yeah I had a trip planned for the 19th. I just noticed all their ads are gone on craigslist, the website is gone. I paid 150 already on deposit. so i called him today and he gave me some story about employees trolling his website, and 3 of his shacks were stolen. Did everything he could to push off a refund, so i am disputing the charges on cc. Does anyone know anything about this silver strike guide service. looks they are part of a summer charter company. Are there any good ice fishing charters on green bay for a decent price, that are comfortable? I am looking for a family thing with my parents, but mom likes more comfort..lol
2/7/15 @ 10:48 AM
wishin4fishin
wishin4fishin
I called that guide service and they bought all the shacks new, from the same supplier as the POS I booked with bought his. I have his address where I sent my check so I might pay him a visit and show him my new baseball bat... Evil Grin Evil Grin
2/6/15 @ 1:37 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
Wishin4fishin on craigslist Silver Strike Guide service looks like they took over reefrunners shacks
Displaying 1 to 15 of 21 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE