MORE
Guns & Shooting

New guns.

6/6/22 @ 7:24 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20

Could not find the what have you bought lately so here is another. Pretty excited. Pellet gun additions. The dan Wesson 2 1/2 in and the 347 crossman vigilante. 

New guns. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Displaying 46 to 60 of 84 posts
2/28/23 @ 9:21 AM
shootist7
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14
Hard to go wrong with a 308 Winchester, great cartridge! I have/use a Winchester M70 Extreme Weather in 308 Win, very easy rifle to shoot. My new to me old rifle is a Remington 722 in 300 Savage. Haven't shot it yet and haven't quite decided on what to scope it with, but it will be a lower power with a wide field of view. Nice set-up for my wooded property in SW Door Co. Loaded up some different ammo to see what it likes when I do get out to the range with it, bullet I'll be using is the Hornady 150gr SP Spitzer. Lots of nice guns listed here, enjoy!
2/27/23 @ 5:12 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
Mopes I am thinking I'm going to go with the Axis II 308 have you had any issues?
2/27/23 @ 7:35 AM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13
Tails, I have a Savage Axis II in .308win. Also have a 110 in .30-06 and two .243win's in the collection. I've found that my .308 likes to eat and spit out Rem Core-lokt tipped in 150gr. The two .243's, one likes Hornady 100gr, the other likes Federal Fusion 95gr. The '06 will digest anything in 150 or 180gr. Point being, each one is different. It takes some experimentation to find the load that works best for you. 150gr for your .308 is a good place to start.
2/26/23 @ 8:00 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16
tails go with 150 grain.
2/21/23 @ 7:36 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19
Master Piker, I have decided to go with the savage 308 what weight bullet and configuration would you recommend for wisconsin whitetail. It will be a bolt action due to the majority of my time spent in a stand. When I would go to make drives I would go back to the old trusty 870 just for the comfort of snap shots. I put this out to you because you seem like a guy I could talk to about this everybody has an opinion and I have gotten many already. TIA
2/13/23 @ 8:05 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Finally found the rifle I was looking for. An IWI Zion 15 with a 16" barrel. I put a Vortex StrikeFire II red/green dot on it. It's not glamorous, but it's very solid, and does everything I'll need it to. Can't wait to get it out and zero it in. I paid well below MSRP for it, so that made it even better. Any ammo recommendations for a first time AR15 owner? I figured on buying some match grade ammo to sight it in, and some FMJ Nato stuff for range time. Thanks.

2/12/23 @ 9:12 PM
pailfull
User since 1/27/09

I picked up the savage axis II youth in 6.5 creeedmore  for my soon to be 8 year old at Cabelas on Black Friday. After the points for a new club card it was around $275. It’s a sweet little gun! You’re right, real accurate. I want one now. 

1/19/23 @ 3:57 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Hockeyguy, Savage Axis is all I can see. I bought combo gun/scope. I ended up putting better scope on both of youth guns.

1/18/23 @ 10:35 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Huntfish, which model are yours?  

1/18/23 @ 7:35 AM
FishinXtreme
FishinXtreme
PRO MEMBER User since 1/12/14

Anyone on here familiar the Smith & Wesson revolver model 65-2 357 mag? It has a 3" barrel which I was told is rare. 

1/17/23 @ 6:31 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I been you tubin several vids on Rugers Marlin lever guns.  There well liked and impressive but no calibers so far outside of 45/70. Unless you want it for shooting bear 45/70 not good for much else/.  Wouldnt mind a "308 leever"

1/17/23 @ 5:45 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Bought 2 youth Savage 7mm-08 for kids starting out, and boy, I have to say they are very accurate. 

1/17/23 @ 5:06 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

MasterPiker, yes it is! Really happy with it and kind of excited to see how it shoots once I actually clean the barrel! 

Hindsight being what it is, I really wish I knew a bit more about them when I was buying my first rifle 7 years ago. I burned through so much ammo before realizing the gun was just junk.  And that's just what I bought! A friend from work gave me her late husband's ammo (for a gun he no longer had lol) which was six boxes worth of exactly what I use. Had I bought a Savage to begin with, I'd still have at least four of those left!

1/15/23 @ 11:43 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Waiting for another release of the newest CZ Scorpion, the 3 plus. I can find the micros, but I'm looking for the 7.8" barrel version. They all sold out over the Summer when I didn't have the cash to pick one up. Now I have the cash, and can't find one anywhere. Sigh. Probably going to pick up something else for now. I have my eye on the Grand Power Stribog. Found a place that is selling them with the foldable stock, and (3) 30 round mags. I would love a CMMG PCC in 9mm, but my budget says otherwise. Heck, if money was no issue I'd grab a Wilson Combat. Sweet gun.

1/14/23 @ 4:11 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

hockeyguy39,

I'm not sure if that is the same rifle we talked about a couple years ago, but Savage rifles are workhorses. I own a few and have recommended them to friends and family. They have all shot very well with good optics and mounts. Ditch the cheap scope and aluminum rings that come with them and replace them with a decent scope and DNZ/Talley mounts and they shoot great! Congrats on your purchase and a great deer!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 84 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE