SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

A good cc 380

3/27/17 @ 3:11 PM
INITIAL POST
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

I'm looking for a reliable semi auto 380.I have it narrowed down between a ruger lc 380.(not a lcp) kahr ct 380 or a glock 42.Any comments or feed back.

Displaying 16 to 26 of 26 posts
3/31/17 @ 6:31 AM
JimLi
PRO MEMBER User since 12/20/11
The Bersa Thunder is excellent (clone of Walther PPK). I have been carrying a Kel-Tec 380 for 15 years and like it a lot. 380 isn't my 1st choice. As an NRA instructor, we teach, you should carry the largest caliber that you can shoot safely and accurately. However, with the new technology in recent years, the GOOD 380 ammo is equal to what .38 spec. was a few years ago. Use a good hollow point w/a fast velocity. Check out ballistics101.com

3/27/17 @ 11:01 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
My buddy has a 43 and I borrowed & carried it thinking I would want one. I also put about 500 rounds down the pipe of it. Recoil was alot more than with the 42 (if your sensitive to recoil), especially with full power or +p defensive loads. I would probably own a 43 if I didn't have a 26. There was not enough difference in it for me to justify 5 bills on another carry gun. But then again my buddy dumped his 26 and now carries the 43, everyone's different.
3/27/17 @ 9:36 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04

Ive sold many Glock 42's, S&W bodygaurds, and Ruger LCPs. The Bodygaurds are very popular recently. I carry the 1st gen LCP myself and love it! The Glock is nice just a little bigger with the blocky feel obviously Glocks normally have. I have only heard good things. If you are looking for a 'bigger' 380, maybe a 9mm Glock 43 might be something you could be interested in. About the same size as the 42 and a little more fire power. Or maybe even the Ruger LC9 which is sleek and very close to the bigger 380 offering. Im still in love with my LCP though ;) throw it in your pocket holster and enjoy your day! 

I agree with Hornady XTP rounds also. No issues for me and I like the tests Ive seen. Obviously with a 380 you can only get so much from a hollow point round.

3/27/17 @ 8:25 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
I've shot every brand of ball ammo I can think of out if it with no issues. PPU, winchester, remington, pmc, prvi partisan, cci, etc. Only 2 issues were FTE stovepipes, and those were in the 1st few hundred rounds, been flawless since. Just banged 200 thru it this weekend. As far as defensive ammo anything with a hornady xtp bullet has cycled fine. Also speer gold dot, and remington golden sabers, and underwood ran fine. I haven't banged a ton of most of those thru but probably have 150 rounds of fiocchi extremas (xtp hp) thru with no failures. That's what in run in it if I carry it.
3/27/17 @ 8:00 PM
wallywood
User since 1/1/02

Thanks shandling for your positive info.I have read some reports that say there Glock 42's are picky on ammo.What ammo works for you.

3/27/17 @ 7:23 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
I bought a glock 42 a while back primarily  for my wife to shoot. She loves it. It has virtually no recoil compared to the other 2 models u mention, both of which I have shot before. I'm not big on the .380 round for defense but there are some good loads out there now. I carry mine occassiobally now with 2 spare mags, but mostly still carry my glock 26 and 1 spare primarily. It will get more carry time this summer in the heat I'm sure. I have 2600 rounds through mine with only 2 FTE so it's good and reliable. As always I swapped to night sights as soon as I got it. It's actually the only plastic gun i own that's really fun to shoot, and I have alot of guns. Any other questions on it pm me.
Displaying 16 to 26 of 26 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE