MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Lake Erie

3/20/18 @ 10:35 AM
INITIAL POST
I Wire Em
User since 7/19/01

greetings,

any fish reports ?? Going end of March out of Port Clinton. Any advise or tips would be Great.

Thanks in advance !

<*(())<>

Displaying 1 to 15 of 32 posts
5/17/19 @ 5:35 AM
Remi
User since 3/23/05
Water temp 49 last Friday and 55 yesterday.  First 3 days of strong north wind and northeast, 9 walleyes and one of those days we couldn't get out at all.  Last 3 days was good weather and better fishing, 12 walleyes each day, but nothing over 23 inches.  Early in the week ran crank baits, last 3 days did crawlers. 
4/24/19 @ 1:17 PM
Nordicron
User since 10/1/01

Just got back from Erie yesterday.  Was supposed to fish fri-tues morn but due to weather couldn't get on water Fri or Sat.  Sunday was great weather wise and Monday not bad but NE winds did pickup in afternoon.  Couldn't fish reef area way to much mud.  We did well trolling north bass as well as se of Kellys and east of Middle bass.  Nothing over 30" this trip but had decent action all around.  Tried hitting Maumee bay up on way out tuesday morning but way to much wind in that chocolate milk to do anything.  Will be back hopefully in fall!

4/17/19 @ 12:35 PM
Nordicron
User since 10/1/01

thanks for tips Budman, purples worked great for us back in March also, never made it out of the can area. Will probably work mouse if clean enough but probably more north or east of kelly with what I expect water to be.  And that pic looks way better than the one from Monday actually!

4/17/19 @ 12:02 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Well if u get out purple and orange/chartreuse hair jigs by mouse reef jigging and blue/chrome bandits 65 ft back by Kelly's island behind boards was the only ticket for us

4/17/19 @ 11:56 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Unfortunately its already a mucked up mess and will only get worse. This the image from yesterday of the southwestern part.

4/17/19 @ 11:12 AM
Nordicron
User since 10/1/01

Sorry to hear Budman!  Thats who almost every April trip I've every had "planned" to Erie has went! Me and 4 other guys supposed to be fishing Fri-Mon and now Friday is majorly suspect and saturday looking unfishable!  Might still try friday knowing we will be sitting around on sat.  Problem is the saturday blow is gonna really muck up the area for sunday monday i suspect.  Oh erie how you torture us out o towners!

4/17/19 @ 10:35 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Sorry to hear Budman, been there and done that!

4/17/19 @ 9:44 AM
_Troller
User since 4/22/02

That’s to bad budman. Hope your trip goes better next time. Big water can be a beeotch. 

4/17/19 @ 8:17 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
Part 2 of the erie trip goes like this...Sunday and Monday were unfishable for our 19ft boats.. Tuesday was very nice water was chocolate milk still managed to get 7 between the 2 of us but nothing big... big fish of the day between 3 boats was 22... tried to go out this morning after several boats our size or even smaller braved it only to return.  We got going this morning and realized our sacks weren't big enough either... packed up 3 days early and back on the rd now bc the next 3 days are only going to be worse..in conclusion a fun time was had by all but unless u have the ability to go on the fly I personally would not recommend the trip... next year we will probably try green bay
4/14/19 @ 10:54 AM
_Troller
User since 4/22/02

Thanks for the report Budman. Looks windy for tomorrow as well. Getting much better on Tuesday and the rest of the week.

4/14/19 @ 10:17 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

We had 14mph winds yesterday in a boat the same size and we were plenty fine a little rough but easily doable.. wind direction is more important east is the worst from what I hear..I think 15-20 would really be pushing it but if its south or west wind...east winds of 10 plus would probably be unbearable.. we are not fishing today bc of 25mph winds

4/13/19 @ 7:09 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

4 guys 4 limits...2hrs

4/11/19 @ 5:31 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Anybody been out to erie lately? Looking for a report. Leaving saturday for a week

4/4/19 @ 10:31 AM
Wildlife
User since 6/11/14

I leave tomorrow night and the weather doesn't look good 

4/4/19 @ 9:33 AM
_Troller
User since 4/22/02

Right on Fishhound. I'm not planning trips in advance and then having weather issues. Best to find a crew that can deal with packing up and going on a couple days notice.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 32 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE