SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Best Spoons 2016

9/28/16 @ 2:52 PM
INITIAL POST
North Shore
User since 2/13/13

Seen these threads before but curious to see what spoons were putting fish in the boat this year.  My best producers were Spooperfly Blue Dolphin followed by Cracked Ice.  Orange crush and R and R special did a decent amount of damage too. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
1/2/17 @ 10:49 PM
hypovolemicshock
hypovolemicshock
User since 6/20/11

Top spoons for me this past season were: moonshine sand burr, silverstreak slimeball, silver streak snowball, and the dreamweaver orange leopard, green leopard, and blue leopard. 

12/25/16 @ 10:08 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Finished 2016 in November going 13-17 with 5 nice kings and 5 browns for the smoker. Once again, Moonshine RV spoons rocked taking 90% of the fish. I am stocking up!! Merry Christmas you bad-asses and see you in the spring!! Bring on the ho's!!

12/23/16 @ 5:56 PM
Shellfish
User since 7/19/03

I don't have a favorite spoon or even a couple of favorites.   I have a Plano box filled with spoons that I call the hammer box.  I have hundreds of spoons and I wanted a way to improve the efficiency of what spoons to use in my set up.  

How does a spoon make it into the hammer Box?  When a particular spoon in my spread for that day obviously outperforms the other spoons that spoon finds its way into the hammer box.  It may take numerous trips to fill a hammer box but I think it's worth it to keep track of those special spoons.  I have used several identical spoons at the same time in the same positions in my set ups but only one might make it into the hammer box.

This tells me there is more to it than a style or brand or even identical colors and patterns that makes some spoons just hot.  I almost cry when I lose a spoon from the hammer box.

With enough time I placed enough spoons in my hammer box to cover early morning, early in the season, later in the day, later in the year, fast, slow, and colors to match the species I am chasing.

I still have lots of extra spoons that are not in the hammer box.  I try to run one or two of them in the spread .  Occasionally,  one of those spoons makes its way into the hammer.  

I guess I need a hammer fly box that does the same thing.  I tie my own and I have way too many.  This would improve their efficiency also.

Have a great Day! Shellfish

10/18/16 @ 4:18 PM
blackbrd
User since 1/9/07

Any moonshine magnum was good this year, literally any color on any given day,  there was not one that really outproduced other than in short 2 hour spurts, but I own over 80 and every one caught fish this year.

10/17/16 @ 3:22 PM
L U E 42
L U E 42
User since 7/13/09

It would be helpful if you could include a picture or manufacturer of the spoons. Each mfg calls it something different, so it can be tough to look up online. Thanks.

As for me, I didn't have a spoon color that stood out as better than the rest.

9/29/16 @ 10:32 AM
baseman
User since 2/17/11

Hey Svitreum sent you a pm. Would like to pay you back for your advice and ask for more out of Kenosha. Let me know if you have a Sunday open. Just show up with your tackle weather permitting? BTW, inland trout should be starting in couple weeks. Keep it up!Jeffg

9/28/16 @ 7:56 PM
boattech
User since 12/22/04

Definitely have to agree with Svetreum on the Moonshine RV. Dancing Anchovie and Mongolian Beef were my top 2 then blue knight in blue glow, and stinger blue dolphin. 

9/28/16 @ 7:45 PM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

Moonshine RV spoons were outstanding along with Warrior Blue Knight. Stinger stingray spoons with orange for the steelies too!!

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE