SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Wisconsin Boat Registration.

4/27/16 @ 1:56 PM
INITIAL POST
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08
Just a heads up on your boat registration if you renewed it by mail. They have not even started processing the renewals by mail and most likely will not start for over a week maybe 2 weeks due to their new Go Wild System. If you renewed online you got a receipt and are good to go. If you sent it in by mail you might not be good to go. They were suppose to mail every one a temporary receipt but screwed that up also. I sat on the phone for 20 minutes on hold trying to get it straightened out. Finally some one answers only to tell me I was out of luck because I mailed my in and that their was nothing she could do. I explained to her that while sitting on hold I had to listen to several recordings that you could either email them or talk to the next available agent. I chose to remain on the line to talk to next agent which was her. She tried to get rid of me several times by saying she could do nothing for me. Finally after me insisting that I did as I was instructed she took my information and would be sending me a temporary registration. What a bunch of BS. I mailed the renewal the day after I received it.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 30 posts
6/5/19 @ 12:36 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

When I renewed my snowmobile everything seemed fine, until 2 years later someone else with the same kind of snowmobile I own tried to renew their snowmobile, only to find out I had renewed it for them! Apparently the person at the DNR service station entered the wrong serial number for my snowmobile and it was off by like 1 digit.  I took a picture of it, sent it to the DNR, and they re-registered my snowmobile.  But not before I got an invoice saying I owed the 20 dollar renewal fee! I proceeded to call them up and get that all straightened out as well.  

Funny I rode my snowmobile illegally for 2 years without knowing!

4/20/19 @ 1:40 PM
Jeremy
User since 6/15/01

I renewed my boat online on March 31 and just got my stickers today.  I still have a 1977 Rupp snowmobile on my account that I sold in 1989

4/17/19 @ 10:28 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I can see that happening.  I found out that stuff does not get removed all the time.  Not a boat, but I had an ATV that I sold and it was still showing up in my registered vehicles on the site.  I had to call the DNR and have them remove it, you can't do it yourself.  I was told that's a good thing to do either way, not that someone gets hurt and they try to link it back to you yet even though you no longer own it.

4/15/19 @ 2:04 PM
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

So I get my notice in the mail to renew my boat registration, go to the Go Wild site and do the renewal.  Tags come in a reasonable amount of the time and I think all is well.  Today I go to put the new stickers on the boat and the registration numbers don't match.  Call the DNR and find out I renewed a boat that was destroyed by five over 18 years ago.  DNR said I could get a refund and I have resubmitted my registration for my current boat.  In the meantime I need to carry around a 8 X 11 sheet of paper.

Lesson learned check to make sure you are renewing the correct vehicle.

5/22/16 @ 11:41 AM
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08

Still waiting for my renewal stickers. Just saw on news last night that almost half of wardens still do not have the correct phone to check your license and will have to call it in if you use the Go Wild card or your driver's license.

5/22/16 @ 10:30 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Raise the flag, almost  two months after I mailed in my  boat renewal, my stickers have arrivied !!!  Good thing it's my secondary craft, little 12 footer. Got two years left on my main fishing boat, maybe they will have it figured out by then.  Was very poor timing for the start up of a new system,  DNR is a master of that..........

5/21/16 @ 8:06 PM
beachcomber II
User since 12/7/13

finally recieved my stickers today. they even had the right numbers on which were wrong on the post card they sent me. the system is really working now. im still afraid to try buying a fishing license for my wife.

5/20/16 @ 11:29 AM
HotPockeT
User since 3/18/11

Still waiting for my new stickers.  Check was cashed almost 3 months ago. 

5/10/16 @ 12:22 PM
ottis2
CORFAB
User since 8/25/14

I went in to the Sturtevant satellite on march 28th and registered/title transfer on 2 boats. Still nothing here yet, and nothing on the go wild site. So much for thinking I would make things happen faster by going in during the 3 hours of open for business they have. Haha

5/9/16 @ 12:57 PM
fishinmedic
User since 4/5/05

Side note, received my notice a week before my stickers expired, mailed it in that week.

5/9/16 @ 12:56 PM
fishinmedic
User since 4/5/05

Well after an hour on the phone with the DNR, they may know Friday when I'm going to get my stickers for the boat. Fun part is, I leave for Canada on the 21st. So now I'm in the process of finding out what Ontario will accept to prove registration...

5/3/16 @ 1:03 PM
dsinwi
User since 1/24/02

No big deal really. Take a pic of your cancelled check or mail in receipt and store it on your phone? I emailed the DNR customer support asked what I should do. They mailed me a receipt back, also stored on my phone.; Good to go. 

4/29/16 @ 9:26 AM
fshnuts
User since 6/12/06
I also mailed in my boat registration. I kept the receipt on that as my proof I did it. I then got a postcard in the mail saying this was the receipt for the ATV/UTV registration I sent in. BUT - I have no ATV and the number was wrong. I stayed on hold about 20 minutes when I called in and then said forget it. Last weekend while fishing on the Wolf a pair of wardens came in and checked licenses. He commented that with all the problems in that area they were not even checking boat registrations. Then I was told that all I needed for a license was my driver's licenses and they could look up what I purchased for licenses. Well, this warden's phone was not compatible with the on line app to do that and so all he could do was take a picture of it and then verify that I had purchased one by using his computer when he got back to the office. He said he would be contacting me if I had not purchased a fishing license. (purchased sportsman's license)So they don't provide the wardens with phones to be able to use this app? They are sure all screwed up this year. At least my vehicle registrations are still going OK. Big Smile
4/29/16 @ 8:41 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
Received my boat registration on Mar. 21th debated what to do, chose to mail it in. Here I am 5+ weeks later still waiting, they have cashed my check sent me a letter telling me my ATV stickers would be in the mail shortly. Went to DNR office in Janesville lady was very nice, corrected my receipt and told me to expect stickers in about a month. Luckily it my small boat I don't use much. The new system is going o take a lot of getting used to epically for us old guys.
4/29/16 @ 8:09 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
That's actually kind of long for the stickers yet, but you had good timing. They said the stickers would be available at the end of the month. You'd have gotten them at about he same time even if you submitted a month earlier. The guys that had to wait longer tried to submit before their old ones expired.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 30 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE