tunafingers
User since 1/9/08
Any body finding anything?

Displaying 106 to 120 of 535 posts
9/20/16 @ 9:16 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
User since 7/6/06

My Father gets Shaggy Parasol in the hedge of his backyard. Called me today to say they are starting to come up.

9/20/16 @ 4:59 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Found some Chaga on a distressed birch while touring our property with a forester yesterday. A gal at work that is really into herbal remedies was excited with my gift to her this morning.

9/19/16 @ 10:37 AM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

found 5 hens this weekend Dodge county. 2 I picked that were in a park were rather small. 3 that are safe from other people were small too, I left to grow. Little early yet. Rain thats coming tomorrow will help along with some cooler weather should really get them growing.

9/19/16 @ 7:30 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

jkb - Thanks, makes me feel better.  Had one other person tell me the first one was a chanterelle too.  I know 2 places on my property where they were growing, I'll have to watch for them again.  Saw some honeys the other day, going to check on them this weekend.  I feel good about ID'ing them when they are bigger but don't deal with the smaller ones just to be safe.

9/18/16 @ 1:11 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Puffballs need to be white all the way through , if not they are too far gone. 

9/17/16 @ 1:27 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/06
Found 3 Hens this a.m.  Only checked 1 small spot.  They're here!  S. Walworth co.
9/17/16 @ 10:58 AM
SCY2HTY
User since 2/11/12

i will be doing some traveling how should i store some mushrooms for traveling home mainly hen of the woods couple of days and 5-6 hrs home

9/15/16 @ 7:23 PM
fetzeriiif
User since 9/14/05

Found some Pheasant Backs.  They were a little big, so I cut in until it got tough.  They are great! Perfect in my omelet.

Fall mushrooms photo by fetzeriiif
9/14/16 @ 11:21 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

This was another one that looked old, should be the same kind as what I have below though.  Found near a hemlock, individual and not in clusters.

Fall mushrooms photo by lakeshiner
9/14/16 @ 11:19 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I found these a few weeks back near my cabin.  I think they are chanterelles but I didn't eat them.  I was not 100% certain and I only eat them if I am 100%. 

Fall mushrooms photo by lakeshiner
9/14/16 @ 10:36 AM
guttersnake
guttersnake
User since 9/15/05

Migr8r  those are not chanties

9/14/16 @ 10:00 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

I have a ton of chanterelles in my backyard, are they any good to eat? I know people do but I never have. Also have a 6" round puffball. From what I've heard, it gets a pass.

Fall mushrooms photo by migr8r
9/13/16 @ 5:58 PM
fetzeriiif
User since 9/14/05

Took me two minutes to find a nice sized hen of the woods.

Fall mushrooms photo by fetzeriiif
9/13/16 @ 8:34 AM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

Ive eaten Pheasant back, not something I would go and search out. Especially with all the good mushrooms that are about to pop. Bear Head Tooth [CHOICE] probably one of the best you can find. Worth looking for.

9/13/16 @ 6:55 AM
pike eyes
User since 12/28/10

I usually find close to 100lbs of Hen every year. I have a lot of friends this time of year. A hint for finding Them look  wounded tree, or even an old stump. I have a stump in my back field that has been there for years. 2people can hardly put there arms around it. I have had the property for 7 yrs the stump has been there for many before that. I find 40 to 50 lbs from just around that old stump. Remember always to leav part of the mushroom for spore.. I actually take all my trimmings and throw it around that stump also. I like the big oaks along the edges of woods that get beat up by the wind or lightening. I use hen any where you would use a regular mushroom. They are awesome in Spaggetti, pot roast fried with your favorite steak. Any where you would use a store baught mushroom. My biggest Hen I ever found was 5' 2" around 88lbs Dodge county. Should be a great year with all the rain.

Displaying 106 to 120 of 535 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE