SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

panfish/trout rod

5/16/18 @ 8:59 PM
INITIAL POST
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09

looking for a little insight as to a "go to" ultra lite panfish/trout rod... a backup to my flyrod on windy days, been shopping them all and cant decide... mostly for streams and small lakes.  any opinions? thanks

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
5/21/18 @ 1:23 PM
crawriverrat
crawriverrat
User since 10/27/02

I have a 7' 1 piece eyecon i bought for walleye this spring.  I found it to be light for eyes.  I just got back from 5 days in the driftless and its a perfect trout rod.  Id highly recommend it. Light enough for panfish for sure.  

5/17/18 @ 7:51 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

I agree with Big Musky,the avid is a great rod.I have one that is 6-6 for pan fish.I prefer the light action over the UL that seems to whippy for me.I can cast small jigs a mile with 4lbs.mono or flip docks with ease.

5/17/18 @ 3:05 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I have a 4'6" St Croix premier UL. It works great for dock fishing, vertical jigging and tiny streams for trout. If I fished trout a lot, I would go with a longer rod. But it's like 3 days a year so this one is fine. This rod is great for jigging for perch from the boat. My fishing buddies love that and it's great for it.

5/17/18 @ 1:22 PM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09

Do you have good casting accuracy with the 7ft Avid?

5/17/18 @ 1:22 PM
stealthh20
User since 2/18/09

Do you have good casting accuracy with the 7ft Avid?

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE