SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Milwaukee Journal Sport Show today

3/7/24 @ 10:38 PM
INITIAL POST
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

I went to the Milwaukee Journal sport show today.  I remember when this show use be held in a two story building and was packed with vendors.  The show was very small indeed.  I will say that 3 vendors there today really made the show worth it to me.  

First Adam S. of Mercury marine was a superstar today.  He answered many questions on my new motors today.  A 150 Merc Pro XS and the 9.9 EFI Pro kicker, introduced some options that I hadn't considered like Vessel View Mobile and helped me understand my break in procedure better.  Thanks Adam. 

The guys at the Milwaukee Great Lakes Sport Fishermen booth were willing to share rigging tips and give a guy a push in the right direction on trying out this big pond.  Jay M.  went above and beyond with giving us a push in the right direction.  Jay introduced us to Rayan S.  of Screaming Drags Tackle  who provided us with some good pricing on some Great Lakes gear.  

The third notable for the day was the crew at Anchors A' Weigh.  Who answered questions and were willing to make some solid recommendations on products and rigging ideas.  I spent some time with this vendor at the Madison show as well.  

Sadly, I had one vendor today that was a very frustrating. A business that I had saved in my bookmarks and really was looking forward to talking to was MW Marine but when I asked him a question about a product that he sold, he told me to go talk to my dealer.  No problem MW, I deleted you from my bookmarks and have no interest in having you help me with any future business.  

Small show, big on value if you know who to talk to.  Thanks to all of the vendors who were there to service customers and help people out with their outdoor experiences.  

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
3/11/24 @ 11:20 AM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
Yea it's trash now. If I wanted to listen to someone yap about a new mop I would watch cable tv at 3 am. MW Marine is terrible. Nothing but bad experiences there. 

Sport Show used to be fun, but it has been trending the way of the Journal Sentinel itself these last few years.
3/9/24 @ 8:31 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
I won't be going this year. I've been going for over 45 year's and still have my ginsu knife's. I would even go multiple times a year. Last year I read that there was a new promoter ( I believe out of state) for the show. I had great expectations, and imo, it stunk. Couldn't believe it when I walked in and 1/4 of the floor space was roped off.  This time of year, families are looking for an event to attend as there isn't much available to do. Going back, how about birdhouse contest, maybe a billiards contest. Always enjoyed the taxidermy contest. Local tackle shops, etc. etc. etc. Always liked the Hummingbird display of new products. I don't recall seeing them there last year! When prices keep going up, expecially with the parking bs, and less is provided, eventually it will be dissolved. Can't even talk my wife or kid's into going anymore. Just my opinion as how things have changed!
3/8/24 @ 1:30 PM
Boogie
Boogie
PRO MEMBER User since 1/25/02
Went again this year with my son. I was glad to see that they figured out the admission procedure. I got in quickly rather than standing in line for an hour and missing a seminar that I came for like last year. Small show,however.  
3/8/24 @ 8:37 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01
I keep going out of habit as I have over 50 years. Always get some good interaction with some vendors but it's sure getting harder to find that as it gets smaller every year. Fished the trout pond and purchased license at DNR and was out of there in an hour and a half. Years ago 4 hours wasn't enough.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE