MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Ice fishing on pool 9

10/3/17 @ 10:58 AM
INITIAL POST
fishfry21
fishfry21
User since 12/1/16

Hello season will be here soon then later. im looking for some spots in pool 9 to ice fish. I love pan fishing. Never ice fished around the area. So any places would be helpful. Also ive never pulled a walleye out of the ice so if anyone wants to help me with that to that would be great. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
12/21/17 @ 2:39 PM
jakebenk
User since 12/21/17

anyone have any reports on how thick the ice is out on desoto bay.

10/25/17 @ 7:30 AM
svitreum
svitreum
User since 8/29/06

The locals fish right below the dam in Genoa when we have extremely cold weather that produces 12"-15" of ice all the way across the river. I have done this myself twice. I don't recommend it at all as it can be a death sentence instantly. We did catch a ton of saugers and a few walleyes every time on #5 jigging raps in blue/chrome and parrot. Sometimes up to 40-50 apiece per day. We also set up tip-ups in the eddy where the Clement float sits normally and caught numerous nice pike from 25"-34". I set the hook on 2 that pulled my hand down to the ice and broke 40 lb fluoro. Otherwise, if you're looking for much safer places with pannies you'll have to scout or join the herds as was already mentioned. Maybe hire a guide??

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE