SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Fish Cliff Lake Ontario

1/21/17 @ 6:59 PM
INITIAL POST
latecatchr
PRO MEMBER User since 10/7/12

Has anyone got any input about the types of fish to be caught in Cliff Lake near Pierault Falls? Some friends want to go there but we heard it is Smallies, Musky, and Lake Trout. Those are all great fish to catch but usually need some good Walleye and Northern time when in Canada. It's about a 14 hour ride and we want to have some choice after going that far. Hoping someone has been in that area and might have something to add.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
1/26/17 @ 9:23 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Cliff isn't as good a walleye lake as others around it.  But, the fish are larger in there.

If you go to the Canadian Discussion part of the website, there is a kid there, Ty, he works for the resort on the lake.  He's on the fish up there.  Big time.

If you go, hit him up for information and you will have an absolute blast.  I'm taking walleyes, smallies, lakers and muskies.

But, if you are going it alone and blind, I think you will struggle some to find walleyes.

1/22/17 @ 9:29 AM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

you could always try this question on the Canadian Reports/discussion thread, pretty sure there is even a thread for Cliff Lake there....

that being said, I have always heard there were nice walleyes in Cliff Lake but never fished there, I did fish for 14 years just across the road on Cedar Lake, was always going to try Cliff but never got around to it, was too busy catching fish...but that is an option, if you have trouble finding walleyes on Cliff you could always jump across the road to Cedar, there is a public landing there (not the best)....good luck ! it will be a great trip no matter what.....

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE