MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Door County in the fall...

4/24/18 @ 10:07 PM
INITIAL POST
luvmynitro
luvmynitro
User since 3/21/10

Hey everybody. Kinda preplanning a fall vacation to Door County. One week of fishing sometime between mid-Sept to mid-Oct. Any tips on areas to look for walleye, smallies, or maybe even trout/salmon, and baits to use. I have access to maps and Lakemaster chips. I'm not in to trolling, so I'd be tossing swim jigs, suspending jerk baits, etc... Any help would be appreciated...have never fished this area. Thanks !! PM me if you want....

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
4/26/18 @ 8:25 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I've got a place up there and I love fall fishing.  Smallies!  They can be really, really fun that time of the year.  Wind can really get yah, though, so watch the weather carefully.

I you are trying to plan a trip, I can give you two pieces of advice.

#1, the less expensive route...go to Howie's Bait Shop, buy a map and ask them where the bite is good for what you want.  They can usually steer you in the right direction.  Don't be afraid to ask them about heading far north from Sturgeon Bay as the smallie fishing even gets better up there.

#2, call Howie's well before your trip.  Ask them to recommend you a guide for the species you want.  Tell them you are willing to fish anywhere in the Door.  Get out with the guide, get on fish, then repeat during your week up there.  And if you want a change of scenery, go back to Howie's and ask where to fish when wanting to stay near Sturgeon Bay.

Good luck!

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE