SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,648 posts
5/23/24 @ 8:43 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
One of the future homes of my cucumbers. Right now is being occupied by wild Egyptian walking onions. I’ll probably have to throw some dynamite in there to get rid of a few of them.
Vegetable Garden photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/23/24 @ 8:42 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Here’s a table full of stuff that still needs to find a home.
5/23/24 @ 8:41 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
A few more more corners of the Main garden.
5/23/24 @ 8:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Right now there is about 8000 lumen give or take a few on the main garden. These are some pictures I can garden at night. I’ve been putting in some stakes and a few of the plants. I usually don’t plant this early but with upcoming surgeries, I will have to I will not plant the cucumbers due to cucumber beetles. I want them moved on at least the first couple of waves of the different types of species before I put them in. 
5/23/24 @ 6:39 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Tomatoes, peppers, oregano, and potatoes all coming along.

Also, plum tree has lots of little fruits starting!

The oregano is already growing at a pretty good clip. 
Vegetable Garden photo by Plmlk
5/23/24 @ 5:06 PM
Polski
Polski
User since 5/11/03
Planted my tomatoes and pepper plants today here in the north. I have 20 tomato plants of various  types, I always like to try a new one and this year it's a Colorado Gold a large yellow and low acid type. Also put in twelve peppers, Red bell, hot banana and jalapeno.  Sugar snap peas and green beans I planted 10 days ago are popping up and looking good. Beets, carrots and zucchini going in tomorrow.
5/23/24 @ 4:43 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
So here is a pic of the four rare exotic pepper plants that FLM and I are having a contest on this year. I am not sure where he picked his seeds up, but these are really hard to get and I had a pull some strings to get them. I will be sending pics shortly. Please give us an update on how big those rare pepper plants are. 
5/23/24 @ 4:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I am not touching the subject, except that I would like to add that I know people with sprinkler systems and are watering adequately the same amount that I do. They still tend to get blossom, rot and many plants not only tomatoes. There are some nutrients that are needed to stop that, and if you continue to have problems, I would suggest you get your soil, checked out on the subject of blossom end rot. 
5/23/24 @ 2:17 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Already starting to see the typical BER questions on facebook groups. Just your friendly reminder that blossom end rot is most commonly due to an issue with proper watering, not a true calcium deficiency in the soil. Potted tomatoes and peppers usually more affected than in ground plants. Tums, egg shells, powdered milk, etc will do nothing if you don't change your watering cycle!

Blossom end rot
5/22/24 @ 7:14 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Carrots in a grow bag are a little bigger than the ones in the raised bed garden. These are a short variety so I think they grow faster.
Vegetable Garden photo by Fishlovme
5/22/24 @ 7:11 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
10 blade!
5/21/24 @ 6:40 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
9 blade. Not sure if it’s the best one I will check.
5/21/24 @ 4:38 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
You can still. Hard to germinate after soil is 70 degrees. 
5/21/24 @ 4:38 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Many carrot varieties take 2-4 months to mature, Danvers for example take 65-85 days. I plant carrots until mid-end of June so definitely plenty of time to get them going. Especially if growing in buckets so you can bring inside before a hard freeze.
5/21/24 @ 4:12 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
No, I’ve had too much other stuff going on. Is it too late to get some started? 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,648 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE