SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Vegetable Garden

6/30/04 @ 1:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Paladin
User since 6/15/01
Who's got one ? what are you growing ? and how's it coming along? Mine consists of sweet corn , cabbage , brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli ,cucumbers, zucchini, peas, tomatoes , peppers , acorn squash, pumpkins, and assorted spices. The cold wet weather hasn't been very conducive to good growth so far for me. But with warmer weather in the forecast things should turn out. I hope those of you growing fair better.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,624 posts
TODAY @ 5:35 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Looking at menards online the 4x4x green treats are a bunch more price friendly. 

I pound in steel posts around my garden. Steel isnt cheap either
TODAY @ 5:21 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
If you had a choice between cedar posts or pt 4x4 posts for your garden fence, what direction would you go? Year's ago I had built my fence with treated 3x2 landscape timbers from Menards. It was a deal back then at 1.99 each but most are rotting off now.
5/20/24 @ 12:19 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
What's the date that they suggest waiting to plant cucumbers to avoid the beetles? Weeding through the carrots yesterday I'm already finding come cucumber beetles, and mating too. We did plant cukes, but thinking I might do a second planting when it's safe and yank out the first round. That's a battle not worth fighting.
5/20/24 @ 12:01 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Kind of at a standstill here. Did put in two sun, sugar, tomatoes don’t wanna put the zucchini in the garden yet I want the first wave of cucumber beetles to be gone and definitely the cucumbers can’t go in yet. Cut out a lot of the smaller plants and will be going with a lot more tomatoes, and cucumbers. 
5/20/24 @ 9:08 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
I'll have to pick up some miller, I ​couldn't possibly waste my Hamms premium on some slugs!   
5/20/24 @ 8:21 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
They like Miller light the best. Has an awful smell that they’re attracted to. You can cut a little plastic 16 ounce water bottle in half turn the top upside down and tape it on that water will not get the beer to buy the slug granules and just have them meet them and die or you can put down eggshells, that will cut them up and kill them or they will just leave the area 
5/20/24 @ 8:05 AM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Caught a limit if panfish yesterday so today I'll be planting all heads, tails and guts in the garden. Been adding all my fish guts to the garden for years. Amazing how it all just disappears, good way to use it up rather than in the garage can.
5/20/24 @ 8:00 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I know it’s a waste but I read that stale beer in a bowl? will take care of the slugs 
5/20/24 @ 7:32 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11
Looking good everyone! Let's hope tomorrow's storm isn't too bad, looks like it's hitting most of the state. 
We got the rest of the garden planted except for winter squash varieties. I have 2 rows left open for succession planting over the next few weeks. Bribed the kids into mulching around the peppers and tomatoes for us. Getting some small harvests of asparagus, radishes and lettuce. Something is getting at my beans, doesn't seem like rabbits and I'm questioning slugs. Sunflower/pollinator patch got planted yesterday. All in all a productive weekend! 
Vegetable Garden photo by Junkie4Ice
Vegetable Garden photo by Junkie4Ice
5/19/24 @ 6:43 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
Tomatoes are next weekend.
Vegetable Garden photo by SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
5/19/24 @ 6:41 PM
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21
Off to the races...
5/19/24 @ 6:26 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Potato and onion planter is doing quite well.
Vegetable Garden photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/19/24 @ 4:54 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Onion and garlic update
5/19/24 @ 4:53 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Most of the carrots in the garden passed away while I was on vacation. The caretaker of the property did not heat my warning and follow instructions. And a bucket should be plentiful.
5/19/24 @ 4:49 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I am guessing he doesn’t know it’s wabbit season
Displaying 1 to 15 of 8,624 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE