NPR had an interesting radio show regarding the topic of tourism. While Wisconsin is a destination for tourists in many different area's of the state, It may not always be a good thing according to their guest they had on. Unfortunately I can't remember her name but she was an "expert" on world travel and tourism. Her slant was very different than what I expected to hear considering she was an advocate of not attracting tourists. Her opinion was that only a limited amount of businesses actually profit from tourists while the communities in that area foot the bill for all the extra expenses related to tourists. More roads, upkeep, law enforcement, litter and much larger costs to local governments that must be done that are paid for by those taxpayers in the entire community while only a very few business owners reap the profits. I understand motels, restaurants, gas stations on a few others want the influx but she said no one profits except those select business owners. Very interesting. Maybe something to consider for some area's. Thought provoking for sure.