SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

The Milwaukee Bucks

4/2/02 @ 9:17 PM
INITIAL POST
WIESOX
User since 10/21/01
The Milwaukee Bucks are currently the worst team in the NBA other than the Bulls!!!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,295 posts
TODAY @ 3:45 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Last year's Bucks team would have destroyed the pacers in this series......JMO

I will have to disagree on that point but respect the opinion. By the way Giannis was on the floor for the last two games against the Heat and we lost both games. Just happy we got that one championship after waiting for 50 years.   
TODAY @ 3:29 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
"but everyone needs to remember the Heat beat us in only 5 games last year. And that was with Giannis on the floor for 3 of the games."

Yeah, Giannis wasn't there the whole series, important to note cause that was a big deal...and everyone needs to remember that the heat were by far the hottest team come the playoffs last year and it wasn't just the Bucks they destroyed....last year, the heat were a juggernaut in the playoffs that upset a few quality teams, not just Milwaukee....only one of those teams they beat on decided to make wholesale changes because they lost to the heat and that was the bucks...and consequently the bucks were the only one of those playoff teams that got worse.

I agree with the aforementioned sentiment....what did the bucks expect, to win the whole thing every single year?   That's unrealistic expectations, and it did seem as though that was the expectations of management, and they paid the price for it with a team that cost them more $ and produced less.    If it aint broke, don't try to fix it, and just because of one bad series loss doesnt mean the team was broke, it just means you played a super hot team at the wrong time.  That loss to the heat has been so over-analyzed and over-blown by bucks management and fans its ridiculous...I could see if the heat moved on and got swept, but they didn't, they proved they were significantly better than their record and were on fire come playoff time....Last year's Bucks team would have destroyed the pacers in this series......JMO

TODAY @ 3:05 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Bud was the KEY!  And Dru!  Dame helped this team very little .

You can certainly make the case that Dru's all around game had a bigger positive impact on the team but everyone needs to remember the Heat beat us in only 5 games last year. And that was with Giannis on the floor for 3 of the games. I thought the team played with some heart to even take the Pacers to 6 games. I was on the "too old..too slow..no depth" bandwagon last year. Crowder was one of the biggest disappointments the last 2 years,with the 5-2nd rounders we gave up for him.  As noted we don't have many options. Not much draft capital and no proven young guys and the core will be a year older in 2024/2025. Will see. 

I did want to say "kudo's" to Kris Middleton. He was playing on one leg for the last several games and he was a warrior.. I certainly was not in favor if his last max-contract but he truly played like a champion in this series. That game 4 performance was one of the best in Bucks history.
TODAY @ 11:57 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Maybe so but Dame's playoff record is 23 wins and 41 losses.  An argument can be made that he didn't make this team better, and quite possibly made it worse with ​lack of defensive effort and skill.
TODAY @ 11:42 AM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
Those rippng lillard look at his stats. Comparable to what he has always done. if Holidaystill on team we still would of had same results 
TODAY @ 10:23 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Many good posts here.....thanks.

Last night the Pacers bench scored 50 and the Bucks bench scored 10.  Too old and slow.  No reason to have G's bro taking a spot on the roster.  Bud was the KEY!  And Dru!  Dame ​helped this team very little .
TODAY @ 8:38 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I don't follow the Bucks or NBA closely.  But I never understood firing Bud.  You win the championship and then make it back there the next year and fall short.  And you fire the coach?  What is the expectation, you have to win it all every single year?  That doesn't make a lot of sense.  They certainly don't appear to be a better team without him.
TODAY @ 8:36 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
Time to blow the team up and start the slow do over. To old and slow with no draft picks to inject youth, management made many bad decisions or at least decisions that just didn't work. They let one star hold them hostage and dictate their decisions.

Agree it all started with coach Bud, he was the fall guy, but instead the whole team flopped.
TODAY @ 7:59 AM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Will say that Chris played his heart out all series. 
Earned some of his huge salary. Brooke is too slow, Bobbie is too unsettled, Dame is a terrible passer. They didn’t make free throws, no excuse.
Need much better ball and player movement. 
Those just starting points for 2025
TODAY @ 7:08 AM
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02
I guess I'll have more time for fishing now.  The Bucks looked slow compared to the Pacers.  And the announcers made a good point about ball movement.  The Bucks' passing wasn't nearly as crisp or quick.    BB

TODAY @ 12:20 AM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
N. pike...I dunno.....trade for holiday...lol...get a head coach who actually coaches maybe?   of course that would mean paying, what, 4 coaches next season.....**facepalm**
5/2/24 @ 10:34 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02
Excellent fight! Bucks gave it their all. 

Some good posts on this thread. My major question is… where do the Bucks go from here? I don’t think the make up of this current unit can win it all, do you? 
5/2/24 @ 8:34 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Well said guys!!! At least we where in the hunt, but alot of things have to click for a championship run! Wasn't there this season!
5/2/24 @ 8:26 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
yeah bobber, I knew last game was gonna be an anomaly.....that continuation at the end of the 3rd the pacers got on the fast break was....unreal......The Bucks have had that wiped away over and over all year...I bet easily over 50 times,   This game they just didnt want to call the contact on our shots or our drives to the basket and the contact was certainly there over and over again.

This game was, well....gross.

Without actually knowing the injury Giannis is dealing with, and none of us do know....its totally unfair to place blame on him, he has a looooong history of putting it all on the floor when dealing with injuries....go back to the suns series as a prime example of his willingness to push through pain for the team....that hyperextension of his knee was no minor scrape.   The guy was playing hurt much of the year, did he take games off LeBron style?....nope, he missed a grand total of what, 6 games all season.

I just hope this disaster of a season doesnt see him moving on.....I still say, firing coach bud was the biggest mistake this franchise has made in decades....the team never had the continuity of the previous seasons, none of the comradery and they never got one the same page either defensively or offensively aside from a few flashes......when we got Dame, it had many of us drooling about the pick and roll opportunities...but they never figured out how to make that work effectively....that was a, no the major disappointment offensively IMO. 
5/2/24 @ 7:52 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Down 20 and looking like they're done. Just my opinion but I lost some respect for Giannis  the last few games. I don't know how bad he's really hurt but looks to move around fine on the side lines and DR says he's really close to playing.. Maybe he couldn't play even near as good as normal but just being out on the court could act as a huge decoy and might really open up their other players. Oh well, he has plenty of time to sit the couch now.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 5,295 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE