SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

The complimentary, non-gripe site

12/30/04 @ 10:12 AM
INITIAL POST
The Cooler
User since 1/21/04
Hey all. I decided to try a little experiment. It seems that the gripe site just keeps chugging along. Someone on there nearly every day. I thought I would try to have a thread where we could talk about the positives in our fishing, lives whatever. Things we are greatful for, things we like instead of dislike...Happy things instead of what irritates us all. I have my doubts that this will last as long as the gripe site but I am hoping it will stick around for awhile and hopefully wash away some of the negative vibe running through the threads at the moment.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 3,390 posts
4/14/24 @ 1:33 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Menominee Tribe sues social media  giants for suicides among the vulnerable. 

Fascinating subjects are all things mental and spiritual.  I dont see how the tribe will be successful in this lawsuit  but the issue needs to be addressed. 
4/12/24 @ 6:08 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
A neighbor who lives 1 house up from me isn't feeling too well and asked if I could cut her lawn.
She saw me cutting yesterday and must have felt like hers needed it too.
I have that to do,get some eggs and milk for the Crappie fry,and wait for the Brewer game.
The complimentary, non-gripe site photo by jumpsteady
4/4/24 @ 3:34 PM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Hats off to the WE Energies lineman fixing all the downed power lines in Outagamie Co. Busy couple of days for sure.  And to the Volunteer firemen, firewomen and all the police responding to down "arcing and sparking" wires and other assorted mess during the snow/slush storm this week. 

2/10/24 @ 9:48 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
 Had to leave the southern guys get together early.  I had a plumbing problem at the learning to adult cottage.
I told sonny number three to wait until I got there the other day.  He didn't listen.  He got after it.  It didn't go easy , he stayed with it and got it done before I got there.  ​
I've told all my kids never give up never give in. I asked him how he felt. He said I kicked it's butt and I felt great.  
I'm one proud father.
2/9/24 @ 12:43 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Had it for 7 weeks started in the beginning of December.  Night was a bugger. My doc gave me 10 days of doxy , finally cleared up the gunk I was coughing up. Told me that it starts as a virus but then can become bacterial. 

Wifes a preschool teacher,  has an infant room. Half those kids were in the icu with RSV. Nasty stuff. 
2/9/24 @ 10:19 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I had that cough a year ago for 2 weeks before I called my dr.   He prescribed a codine based cough medicine that worked immediately.   What a relief.  It was around 80 bucks but well worth it.  I took it 3x a day for 2 days and the cough was gone.
2/9/24 @ 9:57 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Myself finally getting over this respiratory cough after a month. I couldn't lay down or recline in my chair without coughing up a lung. slept away from my wife as much as possible so she kept her sanity. Cough drops were not the answer. 
2/8/24 @ 2:58 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
My buddy just had that Duck-says it was way better on ride home…that flemmy cough goes around all winter, everyone has it sooner or later. 
In Church sounds like hospital ward. Be patient it will pass…
2/8/24 @ 2:26 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Glimmertwin, I am about 90% back to being healthy. Got a little cough yet, but that is all. 
That eye surgery is amazing. One day ago if didn’t have my glass on I could not read this screen. 
2/8/24 @ 1:58 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Good to hear MrDuck. How’sthe rest of your health, you were in a bad way recently I recall?
2/8/24 @ 12:16 PM
Mrduck
User since 12/6/22
Got my left eye‘s cataract removed yesterday and had follow up this morning.  I know have 20/25 in that eye. The nurse said it may even get better. Happy dance. Hope my right goes this smooth.
2/5/24 @ 7:59 AM
Kayaker 8
User since 8/28/20
Pex plumbing!
During upstairs bathroom remodel I replaced about 25 feet of copper and old galvanized pipe with Pex.
Water used to take about 3 minutes of running full hot to get warm in the shower.  Now about 30 seconds.  
Think I will replace copper pipes going to the ​kitchen this spring to speed up and retain more heat.

1/31/24 @ 7:28 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
You go Pool8!!!!!

You earned it broski!
1/31/24 @ 7:12 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Retired for two years today,  I got the life of Riley. 
1/27/24 @ 4:27 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Being all gloomy out, my son and I decided to goto the Dover and grab a bite, and have a cocktail or two. 

Ran into a 97 year old Navy WW II Veteran named Bob.

What an awesome guy.  He showed my son and I all sorts of pics from his service (on his phone) Was so great  hearing this awesome American's stories.  He saw some stuff in his day. Was a chance encounter that I'm so glad happened. 

I see why they call that generation the greatest generation on earth. So driven, just true grit, tenacity, and will to get it done.  

Humbled to have met Bob -what an awesome patriot!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 3,390 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE