LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,860 posts
5/26/24 @ 9:08 AM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Much appreciated Bass!!!
5/26/24 @ 12:24 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
You will like that Weller special reserve. I have plenty of bottles if you run out just let me know.
5/25/24 @ 11:16 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Bass thanks for the review on the Jack Daniels Single Barrel Proof Rye. I am not a Jack fan but have been intrigued by that one.  I was wondering since it is a rye and at 131 proof I was concerned it would be all hot spice and no sweetness to it.
I was fortunate enough to buy my first bottle of Weller Special Reserve today for 35 bucks. I was too cheap to open it tonight as it took me forever to find a bottle at a reasonable price 🤣 Ended up consuming some Teeling tonight.
5/25/24 @ 9:29 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Jack Daniels single barrel barrel proof rye. For Jack Daniels it is not that bad. It’s a $50-$60 bottle. There’s raisin, caramel, cinnamon and black pepper. Your taste are very similar. It’s not an overwhelming pepper flavor. It’s an interesting bottle. I will critique more in the future on this bottle.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/25/24 @ 8:57 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07
"Why do people laugh at me when I’m being serious? "
BMR, you didn't even make it a day!
5/25/24 @ 8:48 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Balls of ice making an appearance this evening.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/23/24 @ 4:52 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Check the LL recipe thread.
5/23/24 @ 4:39 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Agreed. Send me all the recipes you have for your rhubarb cakes, please
5/23/24 @ 4:13 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Bass. I've drank that Jamison on and off for lots of years, good stuff and a decent price. I posted a while back about trying this Proper Twelve brand. Just bought the big bottle that's about $10 less than the Jamison. I think it's much smoother and overall all the same notes of vanilla, honey and aged in bourbon barrels.  Add the fact they donate a lot to our veterans makes it my new go to Scotch.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Polski
5/22/24 @ 11:56 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I do not think I ever did a review on Jamison triple distilled Irish whiskey. Some of you know that I like it with my bloody Mary instead of vodka at times it’s actually a very smooth supper. The aroma is floral with a little bit of citrus and I’m gonna say vanilla, the taste it definitely has vanilla, malt, and a tad bit of spice. Probably trying to be pepper. It’s not a bad bottle. It’s an easy drinker could be dangerous.
5/22/24 @ 9:03 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
Enjoying Sweetens Cove Kennessee whiskey tonight. A blend of Kentucky and Tennessee whiskeys finished in toasted sugar maple wood. A lot of flavor going on with sweetness and spice bouncing back and forth in your mouth. I pick up some orange flavor in there too. This is the company Peyton Manning invested in.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
5/22/24 @ 8:52 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
It’s really good on ice. I used cubs ice. I did not get the great balls of ice ice balls out this evening yet.
5/22/24 @ 8:00 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Keepers heart bourbon, and Irish cask strength is very intriguing. They put out a pretty good product. They are on this is citrus, caramel and baking spice with a little bit of oak. The taste has cream, caramel, baking spice, oak, and a little bit of chocolate candy. I’ve read reviews in a pass. It has a Tootsie Roll flavor. I’m not getting that yet but will try that with a little bit of water and ice. For a $50 bottle It is very good. Goes down, smooth enough, but it does have a little bit of burn on the chest. It is at 118 proof thumbs up so far.
5/22/24 @ 3:41 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/22/24 @ 3:21 PM
Onebottle
Onebottle
User since 9/11/23
Bmr what is the proof on that JDSBBR?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,860 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE