LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,784 posts
5/4/24 @ 9:29 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Typed out review on desktop, wouldn’t let me show pic for whatever reason
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by glimmertwin
5/4/24 @ 9:22 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Finally able to hit Woodman's In Sun Praire.
all remnants of RSV have left me. Took my anniversary 3/10 gift cards and journeyed to the Isle of
Islay, scored a few of BMR's past recommendations.
Not going to picture the whole smokey crew here, will review as opened.
First (for no particular reason) is ARDBEG, 10 YEAR.
Yes it's their most basic bottle ($54.99) but since I've never tried the brand, gotta start somewhere. And it's fishing season, bait, boat needs, etc all eating at me spending coin.
So here we are, all these Islay scotches try to outdo one another with their ruggedness...Using the Gothic lettering. some showing pics of rocky coastlines and touting the remoteness of the island. Fine, but a tad trite when all hail from the same island...
Ardbeg a standard bottle, easy open cork. First sniff one wonders if a thick cigar wasn't just torched in the room?
alas, just wife & old cat present. Seriously, previous to this, thought Talisker could not be out smoked-WRONG!
The scent of peat & smoke is omnipresent, try as I mite can discern nothing else...Not that this is a bad thing, far from it. Tasting the first 2oz. pour (on two rocks as neat not my nature) can only say how overcome I am with Delite!
Let me mention the joys of Marb Red, Winston, Old Gold all a part of my past and I enjoy cigars too.
While indeed not for all, with the IMMENSE HIT of smoke & peat, the peat does give way to the malt as the bottle proclaims-this is actually a sweet taste on the backside. On the second two oz. pour-using just the remaining rocks from first, this scotch just shines-so fine,it reminds me of my favorite Speyside's, but with the smoke & maturity adding a zest to the flavor that combines for a perfect balance. The bottle warns you a cloudiness may occur upon adding water... I.E. our American penchant for ice- and you could see a cloudy film deploy in bottom of glass!!! 
  At this point, I literally cannot wait (tho I will have to) to enjoy the older bottles of this one. The more you sip, the more you enjoy. The body & depth of the taste here is sublime-eventually the smoke recedes, and I am overcome with comfort and admiration. Talk about a complex taste that I can tell was slaved over by men who were devoted to the task,and took their work serious... This is the reason that Scottish men are unequaled.
You guys know I ain't BMR, Vegas, Kona, or any of you fine big budget scotch/whiskeyl purveyors here on the LL.
But by The good Lord, I know what I like...this ARDBEG IS GREAT!    
5/4/24 @ 8:44 PM
Deertroller
Deertroller
User since 4/30/15
What doesn’t taste better in Sayner?  How was the outing on SL?
5/4/24 @ 5:45 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Sorry just this left. Wish I had a woodford. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/4/24 @ 5:39 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Bass,  I was expecting  Woodford Reserve in honor of the Derby tonight?
5/4/24 @ 12:44 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
This tastes good in Sayner also. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
5/3/24 @ 9:38 PM
Holy Crappie
Holy Crappie
User since 7/13/21
My first experience with Michters this eve. Smooooooth as heck.  Has a sweet and creamy feel in the mouth with low heat.  Definitely a new favorite of mine!

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Holy Crappie
5/1/24 @ 6:34 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Picked up a much cheaper version of the addictivo tequila. I will try a poor straight and then we’ll probably be mixing it up with club soda and lime.
5/1/24 @ 6:09 PM
Skihog
Skihog
User since 4/7/22
Currently enjoying a Blantons sftb...delish at 128.7 pf....awesome!! 
5/1/24 @ 8:37 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Blantons.  I think the bottle is cool, but it is way overhyped.  Even at MSRP it isn't what I'd call a high end pour, let alone at secondary values around $150.  Get one at whatever price you can find just to have the bottle and say you've done it.  After that?  There's much better stuff out there.
With that low proof of 93, everything just tasted subdued.  If you do get it and wish to drink it, this is one where I'd recommend NOT putting it over ice or even touching it with any water.

Blantons Gold, though.....yowza!  103 proof and the flavors really come out.  Just a much, much better version of Blantons.  
5/1/24 @ 8:02 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Ok but I’m just saying. Ya got me thinking about it. 
5/1/24 @ 7:39 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
BMR, We saw that bottle of Blantons at lunch on Monday. Maybe this excited ur taste buds for Blantons? 
So you didn’t drink until Vegas and the Boys started talking about Whiskey? I’m reserving my opinion on that one for the time. 🧐🤔🤓
4/30/24 @ 9:05 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Maybe this! Opened another bottle of Blantons now I only have 37 left. This one has an a on the top with the little horsey. I believe a is the easiest letter to get. Since I have about 15 of them and probably 25 in my lifetime. This one right now just being opened up is a little week for a Blantons. I do taste a cinnamon, butter, scotch, nice caramel vanilla, very smooth nonetheless 
4/30/24 @ 8:55 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
What proof whiskey is needed to watch Brewer games, as of late? Give me a double!
4/30/24 @ 8:32 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Did you guys know I did not drink until I started reading posts on here from Vegas, trapper and ski hog I forget his original name. Also old mosey horns and a few others. They got me hooked.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,784 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE