LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites.

7/4/20 @ 8:52 PM
INITIAL POST
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Bassmaster+recordeacks2
User since 5/14/20

This can include all whiskeys that are not bourbon. Irish, Japanese and malt whiskies. This 16 year is incredible. Very smooth. 

Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordeacks2
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,772 posts
4/30/24 @ 9:05 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Maybe this! Opened another bottle of Blantons now I only have 37 left. This one has an a on the top with the little horsey. I believe a is the easiest letter to get. Since I have about 15 of them and probably 25 in my lifetime. This one right now just being opened up is a little week for a Blantons. I do taste a cinnamon, butter, scotch, nice caramel vanilla, very smooth nonetheless 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/30/24 @ 8:55 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
What proof whiskey is needed to watch Brewer games, as of late? Give me a double!
4/30/24 @ 8:32 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Did you guys know I did not drink until I started reading posts on here from Vegas, trapper and ski hog I forget his original name. Also old mosey horns and a few others. They got me hooked.
4/30/24 @ 8:19 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
So I do not get the sample whiskeys very often and this bottle has been around for three years so I finally decided to give it a shot. The wild turkey rare breed barrel proof rye at 112.2 proof. Not bad for a rye. The aroma has some flowers and a hint of spices. On the pallet, we have a little bit of cinnamon, white pepper and brown sugar. That finishes heavy though with the white pepper.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/30/24 @ 6:33 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
The cigar blend  good times Hawaiian honey cask finish is going down smooth tonight. OK I’m not very good at this. Let me try. It is really good.
4/30/24 @ 10:51 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Bass,
It isn't a bottle that you would seek out.  I got it because I wanted a good drinker after a hard day of work.  One that was easy to find and $70 or less.  I bought it because of the age statement, and while it was just fine, I expected more because of that age statement.  Flavor, if I'm remembering correctly, was a little on the sour mash side with notes of heavier fruits.   I typically like the sweeter stuff, but this one was fine for me.   Not an upper level bottle, but ​worth the price and good to drink.
4/30/24 @ 10:45 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Vegas-  Jeff's had a couple of cases of the Dickel if you are interested. Had a chance to sample a couple other bottles I have not tried before. I know this was discussed before but it is so nice to try a sample before you commit to a bottle. They still had a couple of the store pick Barrel bottles I mentioned awhile back. Had to grab one of those. One of my favorites. 
4/30/24 @ 9:34 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
I have tried a lot of their products not that particular one, but I have not really found one that I enjoy very much. I will look into that one though.
4/30/24 @ 8:55 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I bought a Dickel 15 year old bottle last summer.  Very solid choice.  I expected a little more out of it, but it was good.  I'd easily buy that bottle again.
4/29/24 @ 10:43 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Picked up this Store pick/George Dickel today (Jeff's in WB).  Has aroma and flavor of orange/citrus with baking spices (nutmeg.all-spice), Think this is the First Dickel bottle I have ever owned. Good bottle and price was decent ($63). Also picked up one of the Knob Creek Store pick Single Barrel bottles that Vegas mentioned a few weeks back.  Was able to sample both before I purchased and the KC (120 proof) was real smooth with a nice vanilla, carmel aroma and flavor. 
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by kona77
4/29/24 @ 8:37 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Bass, As I have said, I certainly don't have your palette when it comes to all these fine pours, but one thing you usually don't hear is "really smooth" when it comes to tequila, no salt and lime required.

Edit, where I bought it they also had the "tourist" Mescal with the worm for about $10 a bottle....I passed.
4/29/24 @ 8:26 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Wow! Nice Polski. Never seen it. 
4/29/24 @ 8:25 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
Bass, a bit off the Scotch , but I got this last year in Puerto Vallarta, not sure if it's available here, but it was scary smooth.
Scotch whiskey related items. What are your favorites. photo by Polski
4/29/24 @ 7:48 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Been a while since I picked up a good bottle of anything. Finding some buffalo trace and added it to the stash. Looking for a good tequila scotch or Japanese whiskey that I have not tried yet. If there is one. This weekend we tried the next expensive version of the G4 tequila. I like my $40 better than a $60 bottle, so maybe I’ll go with another one of them. Anybody got any suggestions? Let me know. 
4/28/24 @ 4:21 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Oh boy! It’s been a while since I had old-fashioned/whiskey sour combo! Very tasty.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 1,772 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE