SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Random thoughts thread ?

3/15/23 @ 9:11 AM
INITIAL POST
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

Am I not seeing to well this morning?  I don't see the random thought thread any more, did it go poof?   

Displaying 76 to 90 of 894 posts
3/28/24 @ 7:22 AM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
I went into Kwick Trip the other day,  they have raspberry dunkers for a limited time.  I never saw them before,  dunkers are a guilty pleasure for me .  These rank at the top of their flavors. 
3/28/24 @ 7:16 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
So, today I read that Yellen warns that China has an excess of solar panels and cheap EV’s.  Dangerous to American workers.  She wants to save the planet as long as the American people pay more for green energy and vehicles.  Decades ago we ship jobs overseas to benefit from lower prices.  Now, we want to reverse the process while also claiming that the planet is at risk!  Where is Greta these days?
3/28/24 @ 7:10 AM
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02
Even if I agree 100% with the thoughts shared this isn’t the thread to talk politics. Nobody has written anything hateful and it’s all good but it won’t stay this way. The end result will be the Random Thoughts Thread will be deleted. It’s been deleted several times due to politics. I think it would be great to keep this one. 

It’s opening Day in baseball. 

The tournament resumes tonight. 

Walleyes are spawning in many locations. 

There was a good amount of precipitation in areas of Wisconsin that have low water levels. 

Jumpsteady is going fishing today

I’ll be fishing today on some farm ponds near me. 

Peace be with all Lake Linkers
3/28/24 @ 6:59 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20
I agree 60 sounds Good. 
3/28/24 @ 6:54 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
topam —- sounds reasonable but then one might say there should also be an upper limit to obtain a ballot.
3/28/24 @ 6:41 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Keep it up  and the owners will Nuke this thread.
3/28/24 @ 6:37 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
Wacky Rig I am not taking shots at either side but at some point shouldn't we put an age limit on the position?  Honestly I think if you have to be at least 35 as a qualification should we also say on the flip side you cant be older than 60 or tops 64, just my random thought of the day
3/27/24 @ 8:48 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
3/27/24 @ 8:26 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Not wishing to step over the line before a new Random thoughts thread rises from the ashes again, but

amazing to believe that our great country gets to choose between a real old guy who failed in the last year of his first term, and an even older guy who failed in his first term … and people are arguing about which failure is going to “lead“ our country again.

Time to declare your independence if you know what I mean!

3/27/24 @ 6:21 PM
fishs
User since 2/17/04
Thanks river. Just because the word insurance wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they are off the hook. This will likely be tied up in court for some time and that bridge needs to be repaired asap.
3/27/24 @ 6:14 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
Glimmer were you the reporter that asked that exact question?

I was surprised by the coherent answer.  Priority is to get the bridge rebuilt so the economic benefits are available ASAP.  Later argue about who is responsible for the damage

Smarter than playing phony fist pounding political tough guy which he usually fails at
3/27/24 @ 4:38 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Well, kind of a dumb place to put a bridge right in the path of where boats and ships are traveling. 😎
3/27/24 @ 3:13 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Biden all over having US taxpayers foot bill for new bridge… why isn’t  the  ships owners/insurance ever mentioned in this equation? 
If one of us got in an accident with an inanimate object , would we get same treatment? Lay the blame square on where it lies…
3/26/24 @ 11:55 AM
topam
topam
User since 1/22/05
truth
Random thoughts thread ? photo by topam
3/24/24 @ 4:17 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Good info K8! Thank you for your service. 
Displaying 76 to 90 of 894 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE