LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Percentage of Fisherman with a Valid License?

4/22/19 @ 3:57 PM
INITIAL POST
chaw
chaw
PRO MEMBER User since 9/11/02

I watch a lot of Northwoods Law, Lone Star Law, etc. There seems to be a lot of guys and gals out there fishing without a license. There are very few wardens in Wisconsin covering a huge area. I always buy a license as does my family when they are up North. I see tons of people out fishing both from in state and out of state. What percentage of the people I’m seeing out there have a valid fishing license? My guess is 60%? Am I way off?

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts
4/22/19 @ 4:53 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I'd think you're way off too. When you watch those shows you see only a small, condensed version of their interactions with the public, not every check they make all day, every day, all year. They show violations or "weird stuff" because that's what make TV, not checking folks and having everything being legit.

4/22/19 @ 4:46 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

I'd think they can come close to figuring it out based on license sales compared to population on the resident side. Basing it on surveys of how many people fish.

4/22/19 @ 4:16 PM
crawdaddy
User since 7/11/01

Betting you are way off. I’ll ask my next door neighbor.  He was a warden and now is an instructor 

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE