SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Opening Day Gathering

4/25/24 @ 11:34 AM
INITIAL POST
Igor
User since 6/20/01

With next Saturday being the opener, who's up for watching the free entertainment at the Pewaukee West End Launch?  We bring some lawn chairs, refreshments, and cards numbered 1-10 rating the back-up job people do.  Maybe have side-wagers as to the maximum number of attempts 1 driver will make to back it in?  

We could have a pool beforehand to quess the following:

- # of people who can't get their boats started (select reason: Battery not charged, engine/motor not winterized, hasn't run it this year, or just bought it and has no idea if it works or not)

- # of people who forget to put the plug in

- # of people who pull in, go around everyone else waiting, and think they can just jump right in; $50 bonus if you can guess the State License (and to be clear, this is NOT directed at IL residents.  Had a guy from KY threaten me when I told him he needed to wait like the rest.  After some stupid comments by him I said, "No wonder the South lost..."

- # of people who back up onto the ramp, and THEN, after waiting for 20 minutes, start to put their stuff into the boat (one of my favorites)

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
4/25/24 @ 6:34 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
My late Uncle in law loved to tell the story of his brother taking him to Eureka for the spring walleye run.  After an hour long drive, they launched the 14 footer in the dark with snow flurries in the air.  His brother parked the car and walked back to find the boat sunk.  No plug…

They spent the morning warming up in a local tavern.  I believe the 5 decades of laughs were well worth it.  Especially the last 3 decades that I enjoyed the tale.
4/25/24 @ 5:53 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16
If i lived closer i would be all in for this.
4/25/24 @ 5:34 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
The chief wanted me to tell you guys that you’re going to overload that boat you’re all gonna die. Yeah you can find chief Brody take five steps forward.
Opening Day Gathering photo by Bassmaster+recordracks 2
4/25/24 @ 3:38 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
BA, I will give the BLI credit for having his motor trimmed up enough not to hit launch! 😀👍🥴
4/25/24 @ 2:39 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Thrash: You are correct, but this is for a get-together, the likes of which would likely be posted on the BLI page.....
4/25/24 @ 12:23 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Roller trailer with a Droto quick release and catch
Oops I guess they should have left the safety chain on
4/25/24 @ 12:02 PM
4/25/24 @ 11:42 AM
Thrash
Thrash
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
There once was a thread titled, "Boat Launch Idiots" or something very similar, which was always entertaining to read.  Even had some pics if I recall correctly.  Generally a guaranteed belly laugh or two.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE