MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,133 posts
TODAY @ 11:43 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
CAPS DON’T IRRITATE PACKER FANS!
TODAY @ 11:14 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I read that the Packers think at least 2 of their saftey picks can play the nickle.  So it appears that the safety picks are not just safeties but will also compete for CB play time.  Overall it was a very good draft and the Packers have 11 new guys plus free agents to compete for limited roster spots.  Competition is good!  SOMETIMES I POST IN ALL CAPS JUST TO IRRITATE PEOPLE, IS IT WORKING?

5/2/24 @ 8:14 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
We all respect the opinions of all on Packer thread. If we disagree, we put our suggestion on the block. In order for this record breaking thread on LL to keep going, we have to respect everyone’s opinion. 
On another note, we all also get a little emotional about our team. It’s all good! 
5/2/24 @ 6:58 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
JJ WHILE GUTE IS CERTAIBLY ATTUNE TO MORE INFO THAN US "A RMCHAIR GMS", I'LL FEEL FREE TO VOICE MY OPINION ON LOWLY LL AS I'N SURE HE WON'T FEEL A THREAT TO HIS JOB SECURITY BASE ON LL COMMENTS, FOR INSTANCE HEARD THAT SROKES WAS SYPPOSEDLY HEALTHY SND READY YET NO 5TJ YEAR OPTION. THAT SAYS SOMETHING THAT UF HE PLAYS A FULL YEAR AND GOES TO FA HE WILL COMMAND MORE THAN 12.5.ADDITIONALLY THERE SEEM TO BE SEVEREAL "DEVELOPMENTAL" OTS ON THE ROSTER THAT ARE NOT YEY ADVANCED ENOUGH TO RELY ON. WE ARE NOT PRIVY TO THAT TYPE OF INFO SO WE ARE LIMITED TO WHETHER OR NOT DRAFTEES WOULD BE AN UPGTADE TO THE ROSTER. I DON'T THINK DEJEAN OR WIGGINS WOULD RECIECE AN ARGUMENT THAT THEY WEREN'T UPGRADES AT PON PRTHAPS MORE SO THAN OT.
5/2/24 @ 6:41 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Rookies have earned nothing yet.
5/2/24 @ 5:54 PM
Snake1
Snake1
On a bright note, we solidified our OL. I think this will pay dividends on Offensive scoring. I also think defense will be improved with Safeties and Cooper at LB. 
If we improve on both, we will be tough for the Bears.
5/2/24 @ 5:51 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Certainly agree with the Stokes decision, but my hope is he stays healthy and builds on the promising rookie year. Would be great if he played well enough for the Packers to consider a 2nd contract. Like most teams the Packers have 3-CB's on the field for a lot snaps. Right now 2 of the guys we are counting on (Jaire/Stokes) have both missed quite a few games the last 2 years. One of the reasons many thought a CB would be taken early. As the Unofficial leader of the Cooper DeJean fan club   on LL ,I really thought we had him at #41 but then the Eagles traded up. Oh well who knows where Gute really had DeJean on his board and I am still very happy with the Cooper/Bullard picks.  

I certainly expect the Safety position to now be a strength of this team and I know Gute/Sullivan both mentioned they expect guys like Bullard/ Williams to be versatile enough to even take some snaps in the slot. Would be great if either or both could help in that role.         
5/2/24 @ 5:24 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02
Think Gute did fine with the draft, sure him and the staff know what's best for the Packers then the Lake-Link arm chair quarterback
5/2/24 @ 5:02 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THEY HAD PICKED WIGGINS AT 25!!
5/2/24 @ 4:58 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Right. I didn’t quite understand at 1st that would be the Salary Cap Hit if they picked it up. He only played in 3 games last year and don’t know how many missed year before? 
Next man up. He will have to compete for job.
5/2/24 @ 3:14 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
He certainly isn't a $12.5m a season player right now. 
5/2/24 @ 3:06 PM
Snake1
Snake1
Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes. 
5/1/24 @ 8:40 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
WAS HOPING GB COULD ACTUALLY DRFT/SIGN AN OL THAT COULD "MOVEPEOPLE SO THEY COULD MAKE A 3RD AND 1 ON OCCASSION. OH WELL, MAYBE NEXT YEAR--OSD

Preach on, brotha!  I'm with you, 100%.  We typically draft guys that are quicker and who pass block better.  And it shows on short yardage downs.
I didn't like the Lloyd selection at RB, but I do like how he runs in traffic.  Hopefully he will get those carries and actually convert.
4/30/24 @ 5:46 PM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Hopefully the OL aligns properly for the “Love Shove”…Runyan got flagged several times last season.
4/30/24 @ 5:33 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
The Packers were third in the NFL on third down conversion percentage last year at 48%. That was up from 39.5% in 2022.

So I’m not sure what you are yelling about.   
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,133 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE