MORE
General Discussion

GREEN BAY PACKERS

7/31/02 @ 6:12 PM
INITIAL POST
tim
tim
User since 6/19/01
Green Bay Packers. Lets talk.........................
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,112 posts
TODAY @ 8:40 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I think that Donovan Jennings, UDFA has a great chance to make the team.  OSD is right in my book, he is like "the one" we have that looks legit.  He's a guard to me, he has a nice base to him and he really uses his hands well.  6'5'' 330 pounds.  8.93 RAS.
PFF scores from 2023....  Pass Block:  82.  Run Bock:  64.8.  And that is a pretty typical split for GB offensive linemen.

Outside of him, GB signed that long snapper from UW.  Bowden.  I could easily see him winning that battle and making the roster.
4/29/24 @ 8:42 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Saw an interview today with Mike Tomlin. They picked Payton Wilson later in Rd 3 and Tomlin said their Dr's were very comfortable with Wilson medicals. Will see. Also noticed Cedric Gray was picked early in the 4th rd. Another LB who I thought might end up with the Packers. Oh well in Gute we trust!!!  Hoping at the minimum,Hopper can be a core ST guy for his rookie year. 
4/29/24 @ 8:10 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
UDFAS LOOK RATHER MEH. USALLY HAVE A GREAT RAS OR 2  THE ONE OT LOOKS DECENT AND THE KICKER IS VERY ACCURATE AND SHOULD COMPETE THE REST LOOK LIKE CAMP PLAYERS BASED ON MEASUREABLES.
4/29/24 @ 3:45 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Lloyd should be replacing Dillon this year with that draft status.  Again, I didn't like taking a RB in the third round this year.  I feel like RB's who were very similar were going to go in rounds 4 and 5 making them a better value in this weak RB class.  And if you want one for the future, next year's draft class looks better already than this year's class.

That being said, I hope he does something for us and proves me wrong.

But, it looks to me like the third round curse still lives in GB.  It went on a vacation last year, but it was clearly present this year.
4/29/24 @ 3:26 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Vegas-  Hopper was also a surprise pick. Not sure what the big "It factor" was on him. Seems like a "tweener" with his size/speed etc. Certainly not a tackling machine in college. Will see.  Yes, Floyd did have ball security issues in school and that needs to be cleaned up but plenty of other things to like about him. Size/speed ratio..one of the better backs in college in missed/breaking tackles. can catch the ball etc. etc.  I think he will be getting more snaps than Dillon by the end of the year if he can correct the fumbling issue..The more I read and see about Monk the more I like him.  
4/29/24 @ 2:16 PM
Gman762
Gman762
User since 1/10/21
I kinda hoped they'd found some real kicking talent in a later round.
4/29/24 @ 1:13 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Well.  What a weekend.  Meat and potatoes draft for GB.
I didn't like the Morgan pick in round one.  However....the drop off from him to any tackle they could have taken with their second, second round pick would have been extreme.
The drop off from DeJean (safety) to Bullard is not extreme at all.  Maybe even even, maybe.  So I get the pick.  To me, Morgan is like Bakh in that they both moved really well.  On balance.  More pass block than run block.  Athletic.  So I get where GB had him higher on their board.  

Round two is the one we absolutely nailed.  I have little doubt our new DC pointed at Cooper and said "Me Want!".  Then he looked at Bullard and said "Me Need!".  Really, two perfect picks.

Then I thought we really messed up the third round.  Which should have been expected.  Only Kraft has beaten that curse.  Lloyd fumbles.  Hopper?  I didn't even consider him a draft prospect until the 5'th round or later.  Hope I'm wrong on both.

I know nothing of Evan Williams, but their 10 year old specialty bourbon is about $350-$400/bottle and it is smooth and excellent.  And we needed another safety.  I read glowing things about him prior to the draft, so we shall see.

Monk is very interesting.  He's a plus athlete.  I see a center there.  Our coaching staff is going to love him with that brain and those feet.

Oladapo looks like what we've always wanted from our later round safeties and UDFA safeties.  6'2'' big hitter but can cover a little.  They've never worked out.  But, he's a hybrid S/LB.  We shall see if this one actually works for us.

Glover.  Gross.  He needs a year with a trainer to get NFL strength and an NFL body.   I like that UDFA kid we got better.  Jennings.

Pratt.  Really a sleeper of a pick.  I don't know that he's much different than McCarthy.  Maybe JJ throws a better deep ball, but he had a better o-line, too.  I like Pratt, thinking he pushes Clifford to the PS.

Kalen King.  Now GB is just trolling us fans.  What a terrible corner in 2023.  Just putrid.  2022?  Man, the kid looked like he could be a first round pick.  Played poorly in 23.  Tested poorly.  But what a great lottery ticket in the 7'th.  His 2022 play was just out of this world good, so what the heck happened?  (Besides Marvin Harrison Jr)  Guess we will find out.  In camp he's going to go against some serious WR's.  If he cannot bounce back to his 2022 form, he'll be gone quickly.
4/29/24 @ 5:08 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
"One of the benefits of Bill Belichick and Nick Saban retiring is that they are both contributing to NFL draft broadcasts this season. Saban, the seven-time national champion, went out of his way to praise one of the Green Bay Packers’ selections on Friday, just one day after Belichick stated that Arizona offensive lineman was a clear-cut left tackle in the NFL."

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2024/4/27/24142404/green-bay-packers-news-nick-saban-marshawn-lloyd-running-back-usc-southern-california

4/28/24 @ 6:04 PM
4/28/24 @ 1:45 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Clark Cris, good point!   Dr. Love’s final college season not as good as his previous either.
Swampy, we don’t play CJ too often, guessing 
I’m just referring to our two divisional rivals, although your point valid as well. 
I never will get behind the Lions either, for my 67 years they have always been not quite good enough, and that crybaby coach wants to be the star more than his players. MLF, humble, smarter, 
And now completely in charge now that #12 gone. Saw many positive examples of it last year, this year will see explosive examples. 
Even if defense only as good or a little better than last year, offense (barring injury) be far better this year. 
4/28/24 @ 1:31 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
BMRR, any listing of NFC North teams that includes the Cubs, i would put the Cubs at the top since they play 162 games. They will end up with the most W's out of everyone.

Keep livin large!
4/28/24 @ 12:48 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
"There was only one Dan Morano, a QB needs time" I DON'T KNOW CJ STROUD DID WELL LAST YEAR!!
4/28/24 @ 11:50 AM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09
It seems as though the Packers have a tendency at times, more than other teams, to look at prior years college output for players and do not just focus on what the players numbers were in '23.  The Penn State DB and the Tulane QB had much better numbers the year prior as compared to last year.  They seemed to do the same thing in last years draft with players like Musgrove and Wicks.  
Indeed, a few interesting UFDA's as well.  Can't wait for the season to start.
4/28/24 @ 11:43 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
1 Lions 
2 Bears
3 Cubs 
4 Packers 
5 Vikings. 

I will not commit to the year yet just like last year. 
4/28/24 @ 11:38 AM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
With my betting kona. Not sure what I would have posted here. You never know. Great investigative work though. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 68,112 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE