Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Not Kennedy?
1/18/24 @ 7:09 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21
Teddy Roosevelt was the youngest person to ever be elected President? 42 yrs old.
I was thinking Obama? Now you know!!! 
1/17/24 @ 2:09 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Tread Separation  & Tire Failures
Firestone Tire Company has been plagued with tread belt detachment tire failures, (commonly referred to as tread separations), for decades. The two largest tire recalls in history were both Firestone tires as a result of tread belt separations. The first was the Firestone 500 recall which occurred in 1978. The more recent recall in 2000 was of Bridgestone/Firestone’s ATX, ATX II and Wilderness AT tires that were original equipment on Ford Explorers. This was the most massive tire recall in history.
1/16/24 @ 1:57 PM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13
"This was created because of Ford explorers crashing because of bad tires made by Bridgestone."

Wasn't that issue the confusion between tire pressures stated on the tires versus the tire pressures stated on the vehicle ?  
1/16/24 @ 1:24 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

Apparently the vehicle TPMS systems were mandated by the government.  Guess big brother thinks we are to stupid to use a pressure gauge

This was created because of Ford explorers crashing because of bad tires made by Bridgestone.
1/16/24 @ 12:39 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
That Walmarts brand ? of ice cream is now 1.36 L instead of 1.4.    Is it cheaper?  lol lol. Their tomatoes were partially frozen this AM.   
1/16/24 @ 12:00 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Accentuate the positive Gents.
Those bothersome TPS systems make you head to Kwik Trip to use their super accurate tire inflaters  FOR FREE. 
I rented car from some fly by nite company in FLA once. Car ( while hundreds cheaper then major companys) was beat up, dirty, and had a real leaky tire. EVERY station I stopped at CHARGED  like $2 to use inflator, none-of them were accurate. What an A S S PAIN. And half of them u needed quarters for- the others credit card.
So yeah, in this weather one of your fleets vechicles will have a tire needing air-be happy there’s so little hassle fixing it . 
1/16/24 @ 11:38 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13
Apparently the vehicle TPMS systems were mandated by the government.  Guess big brother thinks we are to stupid to use a pressure gauge.
1/16/24 @ 10:30 AM
Esox JJ
Esox JJ
PRO MEMBER User since 6/4/05
riverchaser, just do a burnout to heat up the rear tires. Problem solved. Sorry I couldn't help myself. lol
1/16/24 @ 7:51 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Front tires will always heat up faster than the rear tires. That’s due to the additional friction caused by turning the tires which causes more friction than tires running straight on the pavement 
1/16/24 @ 7:47 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
yeah I get that part but the left front always jumps quickly and higher than the others by a couple of pounds. The right rear always lags and never gets as high as the others.  I have to conclude something in the sensing system is faulty. been this way since new. 
1/16/24 @ 7:41 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
RC…That’s because the heat of the tires cause the pressure to go up. As you drive the friction of the tires on the ground causes heat and the air expands as it gets warmer 
1/16/24 @ 7:11 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
me daddy taut me to yoos a tire gage 

and now we are forced into bending over and paying thousands of dollars too much for unreliable electronics. I mean electronics are reliable until they fail then theyre overly expensive to repair. 

the most entertaining part of my truck is looking at the dash readout of the tire pressures.  I set the tires at 35 psi then when I drive a 1/2 mile down the road in any weather cold or hot one tire will read 38 another tire 36. no logic or reason to the readouts. 
1/16/24 @ 6:31 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
I know they are different systems. Just do what I did on my old truck. Ignore the little light on the dash that comes on saying tire monitoring needs service.  Drove it for years that way. I'm not paying hundreds of extra dollars for the sensors. I just mentioned the pressure covers as an option in case others are interested in them. They are not a bad idea. 
1/15/24 @ 11:18 PM
Mister-K
User since 7/26/22
In a technical sence white and black are not colors?
 They're shades!
Displaying 61 to 75 of 912 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE