TODAY @ 11:39 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Pass the alka seltzer........whew!
Chicago Cubs photo by Gillespie
TODAY @ 7:56 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
That was the 6 runs I offered.  Just didn't expect it in a 1-1 game in the 9th.  Hope to get another good start today and white flag at Wriggley North.

5/28/24 @ 9:54 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Good win to end the streak. Both starting pitchers were great. Busch was the only mistake by Freddie.
Clutch hitting in extra innings. Neris got screwed on that balk. He set, but not for long. Nitpicking call, but didn’t cost the game.
Great matchup for tomorrow.

Go Cubs!
5/28/24 @ 9:54 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Nice to get the win. Tomorrow Imanaga goes.
5/28/24 @ 9:40 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
No Carpio Bush is the guy that hit a home run for the first run of the game. Ben Brown was the starting pitcher for 7 innings allowing nothing. Anyway cubs up now 6-1 in the 010th .wow what a game so far right "SportsFans" ? Man the cubs better not blow this game. A few controversial calls tonight as well.. Okay bottom of the 010th cubs up 6-1  Hold on boys!!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
5/28/24 @ 9:31 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Looking good in extras
5/28/24 @ 8:29 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Wow
5/28/24 @ 7:37 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
I see Busch has a no-hitter going.  
5/28/24 @ 7:33 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Everyone batted around so we’ll see if the hitters make any adjustments.
5/28/24 @ 7:19 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Well pitched game so far. Just the mistake by Paraltra. Brown looks good. 
5/28/24 @ 5:20 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Guys like Ferguson Jenkins  would strike out a ton of batters ,give up just a few hits and get that complete game and the win. I know you can remember those classic duels between Ferguson and  Gibson.

Chi-  Ah yes the good old days.. Have posted about this before but my early baseball years were between the Braves/Brewers timeline, so I was a Cubs fan. We could get WGN telecasts on weekends so I always listened to Jack Brickhouse. Billy Williams will always be one of my favorite MLB players but Fergie was right behind him.  Kessinger to Beckert to Banks..double play!!    
5/28/24 @ 5:08 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
A coach whether it be the hitting or pitching coach can make adjustments to their technique and the way they mentally prepare, but the player has to be the one that executes.

Agree 100% Z.  I think the MLB/Batting Coach position is one the most over-rated/hyped coach position in all of sports. Don't have any clue who the Brewers have this year. I know we had two coaches last year and over the years folks just complain about that position when the team is not hitting. Yes, they can make some insightful suggestions on swing changes etc but with technology players can look at each at bat and breakdown their own issues. Heck many of the top players have their own coaches they work with thru the whole season. Players still need to execute!!   
5/28/24 @ 12:13 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
As I said, it’s not an exact science. It only serves as a guide to assure that a pitcher doesn’t put undue strain on their arm and can help them be more effective in their next outing. I don’t necessarily agree that they should pull a pitcher at a predetermined number of pitches, but it is what the majority of teams do. With the numbers of pitchers that most teams carry it wouldn’t seem like it would matter, but that’s not what teams are doing.

https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/FullText/2012/05000/The_Impact_of_Pitch_Counts_and_Days_of_Rest_on.2.aspx
5/28/24 @ 11:50 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Because of pitch counts, pitchers no longer have the arm strength to throw as many pitches or as long in a game and therefore they are less and less effective.They don't have the strength and endurance, and they're more prone to injury.  It's not a good brand of baseball.
5/28/24 @ 11:46 AM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
All in all the Brewers had only one more hit than the Cubs! Guess that is important to "some" fans!  
Thinking Adames is becoming the new Cub killer both defensively and offensively, replacing Braun!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,990 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE