Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,892 posts
TODAY @ 4:25 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Not feeling so good today and with that said Noit going to get upset as to what our team does or does not do today. just not into it  today . Sorry my fellow cub fans. No energy  and no concern today as to what happens tonight except for the severe weather that may or may not make a apearence later down here by me. I appolgize for the "not caring' attitude. Kindly forgive me okay?
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
TODAY @ 3:50 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Looks like things are getting a little back to normal with the lineup. Hopefully they can get some quality at bats and be on point in the field.

Still no announcement on Thursday’s starters

Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 1:02 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Keep the faith Fonzie / Cubs fans!!  Since when have the Cubs ever disappointed and let their fans down?!!

Scratch that,   ..  Just try to enjoy the games and series and hopefully some good baseball!  The injuries have hurt.  Hope the skipper can dial in better offensive lineups going forward!

On a related note, who's the hitting coach?  Maybe he should be spending some time in the manager's office explaining what he's doing to get these bats going!!!!!

Go Cubs Go!!!!!
TODAY @ 12:06 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
I totally agree with you Zman.  We have a rookie of the year pitcher, quite possibly even Cy Young winner and he has what, 4 wins in 9 starts? Yet his ERA is under 1! We need some offense!  Then after that we need a good reliever or two! If we do anything before the trade deadline wouldn't be nice if we could somehow do a 3 or 4 team trade and get a power hitter plus a mid-game reliever?  I think we're finally good on a closer, though he still makes me nervous, but lets stop blowing these 0-0 games when Shota leaves the game after around 100 pitches!
TODAY @ 11:23 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
The only series that I would worry about is Atlanta. Not that the divisional games will be easy, but the Cubs definitely have the edge in pitching over both teams. It wouldn’t surprise me if the offense starts getting better as the regulars return to the lineup. With the holes that the lineup has using the replacements, the pitchers don’t have to worry about pitching to the good hitters. I’ve watched this happen in the games the last couple weeks. 
Staying close to the top of the division is what they need to do. There’s a lot of baseball left to be played and I wouldn’t doubt that they make a couple moves before the deadline.

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 11:09 AM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
In the next 3 series the Cubs face ATL, STL, and MIL...
I've got a horrible feeling of doom regarding those games.

To quote the movie Platoon:

"I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling! I don't think we're gonna make it outta here".
TODAY @ 9:38 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Looks like the Cubs will be facing Charlie Morton tonight with Assad going for the Cubs. From the reports that I’ve seen, it looks like Swanson will be back in the lineup tonight. Nothing definite on Hoerner, but it sounded like there’s a good chance he will be back too.
The Cubs optioned Mastrobuoni and PCA for reassignment back to Iowa to make room for Swanson and I assume Vazquez. 
It will be Steele against Fried tomorrow with nobody slated for game three by either team.
Let’s hope they can generate some offense against Morton like they did last week.

Go Cubs!
5/20/24 @ 8:51 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Agree Z.  Thanks for the updates!

Go Cubs!
5/20/24 @ 8:35 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
The day off today is a welcome sight. The Cubs definitely need to generate more offense. The defense didn’t do them any favors the last couple games. You can’t make mistakes in the close games and expect to win. Hopefully we get Hoerner and Swanson back for the Atlanta series. 
No announcement on pitching matchups for either team as of this morning. Possibly Assad, Steele and Imanaga if they go with 5 days rest. Hopefully they don’t throw Hendricks in this series. It’s going to be tough enough to beat this team without having Hendricks help them out.
The Cubs called up another one of their prospects for the infield. Vasquez could replace either Mastrobuoni or Madrigal, but could be put into action if Hoerner or Swanson can’t go.

Go Cubs!
5/19/24 @ 7:08 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09
It's difficult for the Cubs to win ball games seeing that they can only scratch out a couple of hits in 9 innings.  
5/19/24 @ 12:50 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Verlander was a great pitcher, but being 41 years old his better days are behind him. He’s actually the 5th pitcher (last) on the Astros starting pitching depth chart.
Had he not walked the 2 batters prior to the HR by Contreras, the outcome might have been different.  

5/19/24 @ 12:43 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Great! Can you ask them how the Brewers always avoid a team's best pitchers?
Is future HOF pitcher Verlander considered a good pitcher?
The Brewers are actually 9 games over .500 going for 10 over today!

Check my math!  
5/19/24 @ 12:30 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Thanks!
I’ll take that as a compliment   

I do know some U12 ball players that could give you a good argument.    
5/19/24 @ 12:23 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
True! Probably because most of them haven't been studying   baseball for 60yrs!    
5/19/24 @ 11:36 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
They get confused easily with basic math and comprehension skills. There’s only 5 teams in the National League with records above .500 and two of them are in the Central Division.
Let them babble all they want. Everything they post about just shows how little they know about the game and the league. Like a comedy team ​with nothing but bad jokes
Go Cubs!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,892 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE