Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,855 posts
5/16/24 @ 9:21 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well tough one to lose. Just could not get that key hit when needed and of course our pitchers once the cubs got close gave up a run  to put the bucs ahead by atleast 2 runs again. Okay got to re-group and go at them tomorrow.
5/16/24 @ 8:30 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Going to need a few late runs.  Put together a few hits and in business 
5/16/24 @ 6:59 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Look it up! You can see who the Brewers have faced.
You’re the one that brought up the Guru strength of schedule BS. The whole strength of schedule is the most flawed metric in baseball. It’s based on winning percentages and doesn’t take pitching matchups into account and day to day player changes. If you were using it to bet on baseball, you’d be living in a cardboard box 
5/16/24 @ 6:52 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Not sure how you avoid the other teams top pitchers?? 
So Cubs have the easiest remaining schedule?
No more excuses, manager, injuries, lineup, umps etc etc. 
No reason they should be trailing the rag tag Brewers!  
5/16/24 @ 6:48 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Don’t worry Chitown. We put up 3 of our 7 runs against him last time we faced him. 
Lotta game left!
5/16/24 @ 6:46 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Well first inning and already behind against a pretty good pitcher on the pirates team. Plenty of time left though so let's get um! GO CUBS!!!
5/16/24 @ 5:52 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Cubs don’t need their help. Brewers only faced one of their top pitchers and that didn’t turn out well for them. Seems that they don’t face many teams top pitching, so that explains your run differential.   

On another note, check your Power Ranking Guru for the present strength of schedule stats.   

https://powerrankingsguru.com/mlb/strength-of-schedule.php​​​
5/16/24 @ 5:44 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Should help that the Brew Crew softened them up with their B team, no Yelich or Hoskins! 5 hrs, 13 hits and 10 runs!
Cubs should dominate!  
5/16/24 @ 4:06 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Today’s lineup and pitching matchups for the series. 
The only comment that I would make about the lineup is that I would rather see PCA in the outfield rather than Happ. Happ has been struggling at the plate and PCA has been playing well lately. Although Happ was 2-5 with an RBI and 1 KO when he faced Jones in the last outing.
 We’re going to see all the Buc’s best pitchers in this series. Jones is one of their promising rookies and we’re going to need to jump on him quick.

Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
5/16/24 @ 3:24 PM
5/16/24 @ 12:45 PM
Bank's
User since 3/11/20
Watched most of the last three games,great start time for me.(Do not like the TV guys)
I thought the Cub looked competitive.Couple days ago watched Sale pitch a gem.I had
no ideal he was still playing.I remember telling my Bridgeport fans that he wouldnt last
2-3 years in the majors with the way he throws,he looked like a self destructing hard thrower.
Well the 6'-7" 180# "rubber band man" proved me wrong.He had a great career for the SS.sox. 
5/16/24 @ 11:32 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Ok, attention now on the Pirates back at the Friendly Confines.  Let's take the Steele to Pittsburgh tonight!

Go Cubs Go!
5/16/24 @ 2:59 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Nice win!  CC sure knows how to put a good lineup together.     Great pitching helps too.

Go cubbies!
5/15/24 @ 9:55 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
Good start to the game,  added on often.  Good d and good pitching.  Heading home.
5/15/24 @ 9:24 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Sure was a good win! That is all the people need to know!!!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,855 posts

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE