INITIAL POST
Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,798 posts
5/12/24 @ 11:16 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Nice win.  Shakey bullpen.  Agree Z on the Alzolay and Lovelady comments!  Can't understand why the skipper keeps going back to Alzolay with games on the line?!

Alzolay, at this point, should only be used in 3 situations:

1.  Minor Leagues
2.  Blowout losses to get through a few worthless innings
3. Trade bait to any team dumb enough to want him
5/12/24 @ 4:48 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
I agree Chitown!
If I never saw Alzoley throw another pitch for the Cubs, I would be a happy man. I think most Cub fans feel the same way. I feel the same about Lovelady too.
Hendricks looked like his old self and pitched a great game for them today. 

Atlanta is going to be a tough series. Especially playing in their ballpark. The good news is that we have Shota going tomorrow and he gives us a good chance in every game. Their guy is very good too, so I don’t see it being a very high scoring game.

Go Cubs!
5/12/24 @ 4:41 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well the bullpen although a little shakey held on to get a win for the cubs. Henricks looked great  going 5 innings allowing 1 run i believe. Anyway just a 1/2 game back again with the cubs going to Atlanta for a tough 3 game series starting tomorrow night. GO CUBS!!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
5/12/24 @ 1:09 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Z-  I stated Skenes "could be" a dominant pitcher. Have not given him any Cy Young awards yet  .  Do agree the other rookie Jones has even nastier stuff and looks like a "plus" MLB pitcher already. If those 2 guys can avoid arm issues/injuries than the Pirates will have a very good 1-2 punch for a while.  
5/12/24 @ 12:03 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Thanks Z.  If he has that many pitches, it tells me that chances are his #2 pitch is not in the great or very good category.  And his debut was not that great either, especially the second time through the order like u mentioned.  But he is young and has lots of time to work on his pitches.

Not many pitchers in history ever had more than 3 pitches that they can consistently throw for strikes, hit their spots, and get hitters out with.

Like I said, I wish him well,  just not against the Cubbies!
5/12/24 @ 12:00 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Glad to see today’s lineup has Morel in at 3rd base. After he left the game early with his knee bothering him, I was worried that he might miss some time. 
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
5/12/24 @ 11:54 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Skenes throws the full repertoire of pitches. His 3 digit fastball is the go to, but he has a curve ball, sinker, slider and change up. 

I thought Jones was just as good in the game the night before 
5/12/24 @ 11:42 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I didn't see the game.  What's Skenes' #2 and #3 pitches?  In the Major Leagues a pitcher either needs 2 GREAT pitches or 3 VERY GOOD pitches to survive.  An above average heater is not enough to survive in The Show.  I wish him well, just not against the Cubbies!

GO CUBS GO!
5/12/24 @ 10:25 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I’m not sure you can label him a dominant pitcher after just one outing. He did give up 3 runs on 6 hits in 4 innings of work. Having 7 strikeouts and 2 walks was a plus, but the majority of those strikeouts came in his first time through the order. Let him get a few starts under his belt and see how he does. Having both Skenes and Jones is definitely going to be good in their rotation. 
5/12/24 @ 10:13 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Just saw the highlights and that was a crazy game. Skenes looks like he could be a dominant pitcher and a challenge in the division.
5/11/24 @ 9:14 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01
C4azy game, crazier 5th.  But no white flag.  Rubber game tomorrow.  6 walked in runs, but gave back the lead in the same inning. Frustrating.
5/11/24 @ 4:45 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Well what do you know Cubs have tied the game 6-6 due to some poor piching by the pirates giving up enough walks to allow the cubs to score 5 runs to tie the game up. It's raining there now so we have a delay for awhile. Well what's the old saying? "IT AINT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS"!! LOL!! GO CUBS!!!
5/11/24 @ 4:29 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
Looks like our cubs might take one on the chin,although they finally knocked out the kid pitching for the pirates.  5th inning cubs down 6-1 but have two runners on(1st&2nd base) 1 out 5th inning. Cubbies still have some time left though to catch up and maybe take the lead. we'll just have to see how it plays out. GO CUBS!!
5/11/24 @ 8:00 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I'm not gonna mince words.   I hope the Cubs rough him up and make his MLB pitching debut a disaster for him!

Go Cubs Go!!!
5/11/24 @ 7:56 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
MLB hitters facing Skenes for the first time.  By all accounts he has great command of the strike zone.  Hope the kid stays healthy.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,798 posts

HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging Advertisement

MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova
The Ulterra® and Terrova® are newly upgraded to keep you at the top of your game and always in the thick of it. More maneuvers. More capabilities. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - UPGRADED Ulterra and Terrova Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE