Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,741 posts
TODAY @ 7:58 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Welcome back Mr. Steele. Looks like you pitched as if you did not miss a beat, GREAT!! Now if the cubs can score some runs and spoil Darvishs game tonight. Darvish looks very good also. GO CUBS!!
TODAY @ 7:31 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

TODAY @ 7:25 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Yeah! Haven't seen where anyone has berated the Cubs or their fans! Enjoying the rivalry and banter that goes with it!
Brewers are underdogs this year! Happy with their performance this year so far! Expectations low!  
TODAY @ 6:57 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Can only hope that with a new team maybe new and better results. I’m hoping we get our money’s worth   
TODAY @ 6:50 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Ok Z I'll lighten up some.  But I've watched CC manage the Brewers for years.  He's OK in the regular season, and he manages the pitchers well.  But the post season game is a completely different animal and he has consistently underperformed when it matters most.
TODAY @ 6:35 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Give CC a chance Gillespie. He’s done a pretty good job with this team considering what they’ve been through with the injuries. I don’t necessarily agree with everything he’s done, but you have to trust the system and the results. 
TODAY @ 6:25 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I'd be embarrassed to talk dumb about something I don't know much about.

BBD, please take CC back.  Never wanted him to skipper the Cubs in the first place.  He's OK but I'm not a fan of his analytics.
TODAY @ 6:22 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Your past history of making comments without knowing the actual facts is well documented on this thread (and others). If you’re insulted by the truth, then so be it. 
I have nothing to be embarrassed about. I didn’t go onto the Brewers thread and berate the team or the fans. That is something that seems exclusive to some of the Brewer fans. 
TODAY @ 6:13 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
As usual,  insults!  
Just because a player may have a previous year in the majors does not make them a veteran nor negate the fact that they are young and generally inexperienced! As you said after the first game, I'd be embarrassed if my team's fan base reacted like that after a win!  
TODAY @ 5:50 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
I suggest you look into the previous starts of all 3 of the pitchers they faced over the weekend. As usual, you make comments about something that you don’t know anything about.
Inconsistency is nothing new for young players who find themselves as regulars in the lineup. Chourio, Black and Dunn are the only 3 that haven’t played in the big leagues until this season. The rest of the team has played enough that rookie inconsistency doesn’t apply. 
TODAY @ 5:49 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04
Its over ,done deal,Cubs took our Young Brewers 2 out of 3 in a tightly contested series on there turf, they have more veteran players, they have our old coach, higher payroll, bigger and better fan base, better stadium .Put up the flag for National League Central champs Today. Won't be able to watch as the Brewers sink to the depths of the division! 
TODAY @ 5:37 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
True! "The youth of the Brewers lineup MUST be taken into  consideration "
These pitchers haven't been that impressive previously. Let's see how they do against veteran teams before we anoint them All Stars!
Just saying! One outing? It's a long season as you've said!  

TODAY @ 1:24 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
This says it all!
And they didn’t even use their best pitcher
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2024/05/06/the-brewers-ran-into-three-guys-who-pitched-very-very-well/​​​
TODAY @ 11:08 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Thanks FLM! I’ll look into it. I do subscribe to the MLB Network, but I never thought about using it for the Cub games. 
TODAY @ 9:16 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Zman if you subscribe to MLB TV like I do you can sync the radio team to the TV broadcast. Since you live in Wisconsin you can get the Cubs games except when they play the Brewers. The way around that is having a VPN on your computer (can't get it to work on my phone though). I love listening to Pat and Ron while watching the game! On Saturday I was in my boat fishing with my dad and he can't stand the radio broadcast. And he loves his Brewers and thinks their TV crew is the best announcers around. I disagree, though I really don't care for Boo much so that's why I listen to the radio broadcast while watching it. 
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,741 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE