Esox23
User since 10/31/01
 Chicago Cubs.. Where do we start
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,714 posts
TODAY @ 4:46 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06
Gillespie, The Brewers announcers are the worst. I enjoy watching all the Brewer games, but those guys make it tough to watch. If I could sync the radio call with my TV I would do it in a heartbeat.
TODAY @ 3:55 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Cream rising to the top! Hand the Brewers their first road series loss of the year.  Can't wait until we get some key players back from the IL.

Happy I don't have to listen to the Brewers TV announcers again for a while.  I don't know how their fans do it.  I feel dumber for having listened to their rambling homer speak for the last 3 games.

Go Cubs Go!
Chicago Cubs photo by Gillespie
TODAY @ 3:50 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
Great shutout win and series for the Cubs. Should have had the sweep if wasn’t for Alzolay blowing the first game. Assad was perfect today. Bullpen just did an excellent job to preserve the win. Cubs put the hurt on Freddie and the bullpen. 
Swanson played a great game and looks to be out of his funk.
San Diego is up next. Need to keep the winning going and hopefully start to get some of our guys back.
Go Cubs!
Chicago Cubs photo by Zmaniac
TODAY @ 3:50 PM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Well what a three game series this turned out to be.. Today our pitching was great and we got the hits when needed to beat the brewers 5-0. Even at home i'll take 2 out of 3 anytime. Not going to gloat or tease the guys up north cause hey the brewers played sound baseball too so not going to do any ribbing or teasing.. Padres starting tomorrow night so let this momentum stay with us! Go you cubs!!!
Chicago Cubs photo by chitowncrappieman
TODAY @ 3:01 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Assad keeping himself in the game by pitching well!  Shutout thru 6th!

Edit:  Swanson goes yard!  He is putting much better swings on the ball today!  And his defense is better too.  Let's hope he's over his funk!

Go Cubs Go!
TODAY @ 2:34 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You should look in the mirror Glimmer. ​  
TODAY @ 2:32 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11
Cubbies defense keeping NEWMAN in game
TODAY @ 2:16 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Swanson with a run saving play in the first.  That was great to see!  0-0 in the middle of the fourth.
TODAY @ 12:53 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You better read it again. Your comprehension is about as good as your baseball knowledge   
TODAY @ 12:44 PM
Fishlove
User since 4/6/24
Pretty sure Peralta is right handed??  
TODAY @ 12:16 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
You’re right Wacky. I forgot we had the same amount of wins. 
TODAY @ 11:49 AM
Wacky Rig
User since 3/11/17
Z, Fish is correct.  Cubs are one game back.  A Cub win means a Brewer loss.  So, the teams would be tied.  Technically, the Cubs would be percentage points behind because, as you say, the Brewers have played two fewer games.
TODAY @ 11:29 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
With a win today, the Cubs would actually be .5 game behind. That’s due to the Brewers playing 2 less games than anyone else in the division. Peralta can be a tough egg to crack, but the RH batters do have a slight advantage over the Lefties. Assad is going to have to limit the Brewers by keeping them off the bases. It will all come down to which team can get to the opposing pitcher first. Both pitchers have had early success and are capable of making it rough for the opposing offense.

Go Cubs!
TODAY @ 10:30 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Series victory today for the Cubs, let's go! If Cubs win today they'll be tied in first with the Brewers!
TODAY @ 9:14 AM
chitowncrappieman
chitowncrappieman
PRO MEMBER User since 3/4/06
Like you table decoration hotbail.!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 11,714 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE